Red Orchestra 2 - August 30th - $40

Got Haggis?

Veteran XX
Roswell, GA-based independent developer Tripwire Interactive has marked the calendar. Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad will release on August 30, 2011 worldwide. It’ll also retail at a surprising price: $39.99 in the US.

Late August positions RO2 several weeks outside the shadow of Battlefield 3 (October 25) and Modern Warfare 3 (November 8).
Red Orchestra 2 release date, price announced | PC Gamer

hands on preview here: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad hands-on | PC Gamer

in the preview it says you can "take cover behind blah blah blah"

in other words Gears of War with a first person perspective

shit game don't buy

The first game was truly the most boring fps I have every played. I'll never understand how it became popular.

I bought it and it's in my Steam library but I think I played it for five minutes and never again

probably because it sucked

Co-Op Tank combat is what made it stand out ahead of it's peers in the action game genre. I think the way they implemented Vehicle Combat in a tactical shooter to be the best I've played. Having playable vehicles in a shooter game isn't new, but the way RO did it, just seemed to hit the right nails in the right way for me.

2-3 players in 1 tank was the most fun of any game that allowed you to do it. Just lot of fun moments to be had. At least, that was my experience with the game.

The Infantry Shooter part of the game... was, good... but something was missing... maybe it was too gritty-realism based. Has a lot of neat ideas that are well implemented, but I think if you try to hard to hit the mark of realism, you miss the mark of an additively fun game.

Last edited:
Back