fucking minesweeper

you dont need to be a astrophysicist to understand the concept. there are plenty of tutorials on the internet that show you how.

For this one a good place to start is in the right hand corner with the 2. One mine has already be successfully flagged which leaves only two possible choices. Pair that with the 3 beside it and you have only two possible combinations. The 3 must have two more mines, and with the 2 on the right only one of those two spaces can have a mine. Therefore for the three spaces above the 3 (OOO) you can only have a mine directly above the 2 (XOX) or diagonally from the 2 (XXO). Either way the space diagonally left from the 3 must be a mine which then sets off a small cascade of flag-able mines to the left.

At that point you have to re-evaluate the new layout to see what to do next. That said sometimes you do have to just flat out guess when you have multiple spots that could equally have a mine in them.

The second screen is a bit tougher though but I can see at least one move that's not a guess from just playing it out a bit. Again it involves the 2 on the right hand side. If you play out if the mine in directly above the 2, it just doesn't work out because the lower 2 further up is only left with one mine. Therefore it must be the diagonally left space above the 2 to be the mine which will clear up at least half of the remaining space.

A lot of it is just critical thinking and being able to play out the options in your head.

Therefore for the three spaces above the 3 (OOO) you can only have a mine directly above the 2 (XOX) or diagonally from the 2 (XXO). Either way the space diagonally left from the 3 must be a mine which then sets off a small cascade of flag-able mines to the left.

genius. that pisses me off i couldn't figure that out. i'm only good at it when it's obvious :\

The second screen is a bit tougher though but I can see at least one move that's not a guess from just playing it out a bit. Again it involves the 2 on the right hand side. If you play out if the mine in directly above the 2, it just doesn't work out because the lower 2 further up is only left with one mine. Therefore it must be the diagonally left space above the 2 to be the mine which will clear up at least half of the remaining space.

A lot of it is just critical thinking and being able to play out the options in your head.

i didn't get this, but i think what i need to do is try planting flags when i don't know the answer to see what may be impossible..

thanks!!

you dont need to be a astrophysicist to understand the concept. there are plenty of tutorials on the internet that show you how.

at what point did i say i didn't understand the concept? you apparently don't understand the concept of context! i even included pretty pictures, so what the fuck are you smoking?

i didn't get this, but i think what i need to do is try planting flags when i don't know the answer to see what may be impossible..

In other words sometimes it's about seeing what can't be a mine instead of looking for what is the mine.

this game is completely simple, how could anybody have difficulty playing it

I mean, you're at almost seven minutes on that first screen and there are clearly open spots to start in on right away

this game is completely simple, how could anybody have difficulty playing it

shit talkers don't post pictures to back up their shit. they also dont post pictures until they're called out, so thats how you know they're just talking shit.

lose lose, buddy. thanks again, kore. the game's CONCEPT may be simple, but execution is where it can get rough. i'd like to use a little bit more of my brain, so that's why i got in on this. eventually, i want to be like that guy in that movie "limitless" and bang the neighbor's wife.

I just did a 16x16 in three and a half minutes after not touching the damn game for years

also, it looks pretty spiffy on 7, I thought you were playing some web version or something

I just did a 16x16 in three and a half minutes after not touching the damn game for years

shit talkers don't post pictures to back up their shit. they also dont post pictures until they're called out, so thats how you know they're just talking shit.

lose.

If you want pictures, here you go.

they also dont post pictures until they're called out, so thats how you know they're just talking shit.

lose.

Last edited:
n30605610_33151136_9530.jpg

:psyduck:

minesweeper is all about math. If you are good at math, then you can never lose.

Back