[Cell Phones] Motorola Atrix vs Samsung Infuse

liar2

Veteran X
So my blackberry bold is starting to fail me after 2 and a half years. I'm looking into these phones and went to go play with them today. I don't know a shit ton about them though and I'm sure many of you are in the know about what's especially good about them.

So far, I don't really like gigantic fucking screen of the infuse but do like that you can install unauthorized apps right off the bat. Atrix feels more natural in my hand and is dual core.

Help me choose TW.

The Galaxy S 2's are coming out really soon.

As far as the Galaxy S phones, the ones I've messed with never seemed to have any problems.

The Galaxy S 2's are coming out really soon.

As far as the Galaxy S phones, the ones I've messed with never seemed to have any problems.

Besides the fact the GPS doesn't work at all and never has, which is a pretty big deal when it comes to phones these days.

When are the galaxy s 2 phones supposed to come out? They've been saying "at the end of the month" for the past 3 months or so.

Either wait for the Galaxy S 2 if you're going Android, or wait for iPhone 4GS/5 whatever they call it.

Atrix is dual core, but the feel of the OS is fucking garbage and unoptimized as shit. Even the Arc is way smoother and offers a more responsive interface.

Go play with them both before making a decision. The Galaxy got some flak for feeling flimsy/plasticky, but from what I saw the Infuse supposedly feels very sturdy

Don't really know about the build quality of the Atrix

Check out the HD7, EVO, or Thunderbolt to get a mild idea how big the Infuse will be. All 3 have 4.3" screens, Infuse has a 4.5". If the HD7/EVO/Thunderbolt are too big for you, the Infuse definitely will be

everything gps still broken touchwiz blows slow updates

get anything HTC, motorola sucks all around

samsung galaxy S2 will most likley be better the hardware is nasty i just hope they don't fuck up the software end again, they claim it will be "open" this time but I have a feeling that it will be fucked up again, not to mention its still touchwiz which is just trash

htc and stock gingerbread or with cyanogen mod is the way to go no doubt about that

Last edited:
went from a bb 9700 to atrix, android has a few quirks (as does iphone) but you get used to them and its a much better phone

the OS / menu is super fast, no idea what limbo is talking about. ill be downloading/installing an app and using the menus at the same time and no slow downs

Last edited:
gps works great now. I always get a lock within seconds.

If you don't like touchwiz, dont use it.

moto blur kills the atrix and samsung is more miss than hit, especially with at&t

simple, dont log into any accounts on blur, and it doesnt kill anything

ie, download the facebook app instead of giving the phone your facebook credentials

problem avoided

edit: altho i did link blur to gmail and its nice because it synced all my gmail contacts to my phone, with no side effects :shrug:

Last edited:
gps works great now. I always get a lock within seconds.

If you don't like touchwiz, dont use it.

which is why i tell people not to buy them

use stock ginger bread or sense then use touchwiz and tell me that touchwiz isn't total crap

plus no devs care about romming for samsung

samsung is just cheap and crap

motorola blur sucks and they are behind hardware wise

right now LG and HTC are looking good and have the best dev communities

i am willing to admit that Samsung puts some nasty hardware especially the samsung galaxy S2, however they still can't back it up on the sofrware end and by default fail

For a handset with such a broad range of standout features and specs, the Galaxy S II is remarkably easy to summarize. It's the best Android smartphone yet, but more importantly, it might well be the best smartphone, period. Of course, a 4.3-inch screen size won't suit everyone, no matter how stupendously thin the device that carries it may be, and we also can't say for sure that the Galaxy S II would justify a long-term iOS user foresaking his investment into one ecosystem and making the leap to another. Nonetheless, if you're asking us what smartphone to buy today, unconstrained by such externalities, the Galaxy S II would be the clear choice. Sometimes it's just as simple as that.

Samsung Galaxy S II review -- Engadget

Back