Battlefield 3 pre-order for $45

max

Veteran XV
Direct2Drive.com is having a 25% off sale on all their pre-orders. I bought Brink yesterday, and when I went to get my key today I realized they have BF3 on there as well. $60 - 25% = $45 + tax.

Use code SIZZLE (it's on the front page) while checking out. :bigthumb:

I thought this game was going to be free/micro transactioned.

Or is that some other battlefield game?

You can always add it to steam later even if it's not integrated.

I've never really been a follower of preordering games, especially this far in advance. I think the release date for this game is september at the earliest. IMO it's not worth preordering a game this far in advance just to save 15 bucks unless they give you beta access.

Only Steamworks titles are integrated into Steam because that's how they work. I got Magicka on D2d and I could activate it on Steam because it's a Steamworks title. I got a couple other games on there and they came as stand-alone downloads to be installed and ran separately. They briefly stopped carrying games with Steamworks but people bitched and they brought the titles back.

Only Steamworks titles are integrated into Steam because that's how they work. I got Magicka on D2d and I could activate it on Steam because it's a Steamworks title. I got a couple other games on there and they came as stand-alone downloads to be installed and ran separately. They briefly stopped carrying games with Steamworks but people bitched and they brought the titles back.

Does that mean you can always download it again, but from steam, if you need to?

Yes but battlefield 3 isnt confirmed 100% to be steamworks. And i wont touch D2d with a 10 foot pole.

Yes but battlefield 3 isnt confirmed 100% to be steamworks. And i wont touch D2d with a 10 foot pole.

Shut up you ass burger retard. Direct2Drive has been selling digital downloads before Steam started to. You're a fucking dumbass. Period.

Battlefield 3 also is unlikely to be a Steamworks title because EA still whores out their EA Download Manager for use and their own digital download store.

With EA games you can usually register the key number to EA Downloader if you prefer to use that over whatever D2D provides.

Back