[Steam] Men of War Weekend Deal

Rhand Altor

Veteran XV
Men of War: Collector Pack

The pack contains all 3 of the games:

Men of War
Men of War: Assault Squad
Men of War: Red Tide

66% off on all 3 games and you better buy the Collector Pack since it saves you a little bit more than buying them separate or the Gold Edition which only includes 2 of them . I am so gonna buy this.
Why let this chance pass by?

Meh.

Don't play enough MP to justify Assault Squad, and I already have the other two.

I would definitely recommend Assault Squad it for people who like fast-paced multiplayer RTS games. Well, it's more like a tactical game or whatever, but's it's damn good.

I see some blank lines and people responding so I assume Xcursion is nerd raging about something

is Men of War really worth it? I always saw it and considered but it never had the wow factor for me

I so far bought the Collector Pack and am enjoying myself although it is totally different from games I've played so far. And yeah Xcursion still hasn't noticed he's on ignore he sure is dumb. But the game is totally worth the price. The CP was like 55 euro total and I payed 19 euro on all 3 games.

Try the demo.
It's a very strange thing. Half the people I recommend it to love it, the other half hate it.

It's kind of straddling the line between realism and fun in what must be a very awkward position.

Basically, shit dies quick. Tanks will regularly one-shot each other (with proper damage models), infantry can be mowed down in seconds if left in the open and your soldiers can actually do a lot of things that you don't generally see in an RTS (pick up enemy weapons and ammo, pick up their own helmets that may have been shot off, tow set-up weapons with any vehicle, get killed by falling bricks, etc...).
Also, having the option to direct control any unit actually works out pretty well. The AI is capable of doing most of the stuff you can do in direct control, but it's very satisfying to do it yourself, and some of the trickier shots end up being faster if you do it yourself (like, say, throw a grenade through a window).

Here's a typical 3v3 in Assault Squad (this is from the beta).

In the first few minutes you can see stuff like the really long range of engagements and blowing up a house to deny the enemy cover (and failing miserably and killing your own dude in the process).

I played the 1st level of Red Tide. All my men died and 1 fucking officer went Rambo style and killed the last defences. I was fucking lucky with that.

to me it just looks like a really boring and less fluid company of heroes

Can't really compare the two.
They're both set in WW2 and they're both in the RTS genre.
That's about it.

Men of War is basically a series of catastrophic failures that you have to constantly manage on the fly (with your solutions cascading into more catastrophic failures). Horrible death and failure is pretty much the name of the game, which makes it absolutely awesome when you actually pull something awesome off through skill, luck or more likely a little bit of both.
Few games allow you to fail as spectacularly or succeed so amazingly.

When one of your little guys sprints under machine gun fire, picks up a panzerfaust from a dead german, proceeds to shoot a panzer behind a building by firing through a small hole in the wall then runs up to the knocked out tank, murders the crew that are bailing out, dismounts the tank machine gun and mows down a squad of infantry, you feel like a proud dad watching his retarded child solve a rubik's cube. And then he gets shot in the face by some guy you hadn't seen.
Of course, for everyone of those, you have a scenario where you try that and every step fails miserably. And it is awesome (like throwing a molotov cocktail wrong, clipping the building and setting yourself on fire).

Exactly what I feel with this game. It isn't about huge waves of troops going in and shit. You gotta manage the men separately, I had to finish the first mission of with 1 man since the rest went out of ammo and then got killed.

Aw, the rape baby put me on ignore. I guess he couldn't handle me reminding him how he came into this world... after some soldiers cmae into his mom's ravaged cunt.

do they celebrate father's day in bosnia? do you buy one card for each of your dads?

Back