UPS Management Cards

SL83

Veteran XV
HP's UPS Management Modules are 1000x better than the piece of shit APC puts out like the AP9619/9618 cards.

What the fuck. Isn't that what APC does mainly? Why does the HP configuration and console and features work so much better?

brown-ups-769098.jpg

The couple of hundred APC cards I have would disagree with you. So would the APC management service we use to manage them, we don't hear/see shit until someone from APC rocks up to change batteries or whatever.

Yeah, we use HP for almost all of our server stuff but we still use APC for UPSs and the management of them.

The couple of hundred APC cards I have would disagree with you. So would the APC management service we use to manage them, we don't hear/see shit until someone from APC rocks up to change batteries or whatever.

I dunno. I just started playing around with the AP9618/9619 series cards and PCNS - and I have to say that not only is the wording terrible - but good documentation is almost impossible to find. Not only that, but APC support - especially for the 3-Phase units is inept and constantly gives me conflicting answers.

The little HP card has a nicer web interface, has more configurable client options, and has much better documentation.

:shrug:

*shrug*

Turn on, configure an ip and the management details then forget about it. Thats how I prefer things. I pay for a service, let APC take care of the details. Plus I like the APC environmental sensors.

Back