Just how "free" is our PRESS these days?

FngrBANG

Contributor
Veteran X
I think this is a reasonable question to ask, don't you? Or should no one question the media and their motive, if any?

Has our "FREE PRESS" started to turn into some kind of Machiavellian propaganda machine at the social, economical and political levels?

You've heard the phrase "if it bleeds it leads" but at what cost? An example would be the recent doomsday reporting of the Japanese atomic reactor leaks in which the radiation being leaked mostly dissipates in about the time it takes to spell "r-a-d-i-o-i-s-o-t-o-p-e." Most of the major news outlets...yes, including your favorite FoxNews, didn't mention that point. And because of that little omission California is probably going to move to the east coast.

[So] just how "FREE" is our PRESS these days?

On February 14, 2003 a Florida Appeals court ruled there is absolutely nothing illegal about lying, concealing or distorting information by a major press organization.

Court documents.

I'd say they are pretty free!

i hate when i click on a thread because i only read the title and think it might be interesting only to get into said thread and realize it was made by FngrBang

can california just go somewhere else? i wouldn't mind in the least.

just break it off and let it float down to south america, or up to canada.

It's actually the AP that prints all the doom and gloom stories.

They're are known as State Controlled Media because every story tries to put a positive spin on Obama, even when none is there.

Regarding the crisis in Japan, they will recover, and all the doom and gloom is a way to make people rely on government to solve the problems.

Free just stupid.
qft

I'd like to add that they believe they have the ultimate influence over the populace and this often goes to the journalist's head in a big way. And back to "stupid"--they did a survey on the press a while back and asked them to name off some gov't run agencies...you wouldn't believe how many of them replied "FEDERAL EXPESS"

I hate the news so much. People get so wrapped up in it. Truth is, you dont need it. I haven't had cable for a year and a half and I'm just as, if not more informed than several "news heads" I know

I think this is a reasonable question to ask, don't you? Or should no one question the media and their motive, if any?

Has our "FREE PRESS" started to turn into some kind of Machiavellian propaganda machine at the social, economical and political levels?

You've heard the phrase "if it bleeds it leads" but at what cost? An example would be the recent doomsday reporting of the Japanese atomic reactor leaks in which the radiation being leaked mostly dissipates in about the time it takes to spell "r-a-d-i-o-i-s-o-t-o-p-e." Most of the major news outlets...yes, including your favorite FoxNews, didn't mention that point. And because of that little omission California is probably going to move to the east coast.

[So] just how "FREE" is our PRESS these days?
What's leading you to believe the press isn't choosing to report it this way?

What's leading you to believe the press isn't choosing to report it this way?
I believe that I was asking you this question.

Was my style of posting too neutral for you? Did you require me to push a certain perspective upon you in order for you to come to a better conclusion?

Maybe I should have made more matter-of-fact statements instead of phrasing almost everything in the form of a question.

Help me to help you make your mind up for yourself.

anotherfngrthread.jpg

can california just go somewhere else? i wouldn't mind in the least.

just break it off and let it float down to south america, or up to canada.

If California didn't have so many Goddamn people, I'd move there tomorrow. I miss surfing.

Back