Tobacco Pipes

Window

Veteran X
Anyone smoke a pipe? I'm not talking about the glass bongs and crap you pot heads smoke out of... we're talking good ole fashion wooden pipes. My bro gave me an old briar pipe a few years back and I enjoy it. I'm looking to buy a new one in the next couple of days and was wondering if TW knew of any quality companies/makers that aren't going to cost me 100$+. (will probably order online, hardly any stores in my area)

meerschaum-pipes.jpg

Meerschaum Pipes are the only way to go. Also only use one kind of tobacco with one if you do, they absorb the flavor... But god damn if you find a nice one for cheap, and have a specific tobacco you REALLY like those two will go hand in hand for years if you take care of it.

I have two pipes in my desk, used to do it, don't any more. Still have some fresh tobacco rolled up, maybe once in a blue moon I'll pack a bowl.

I was at a store with a few meerschaum pipes earlier... the cheapest was about 320$ so i counted them out completely =) i plan on having it basically forever but still trying to keep it under 100$

Peterson of Dublin is my favorite brand of pipes. I've got two really nice ones from their Killarney line.

They look like this:
b10-big.jpg

86-big.jpg

I paid $150CDN for the top one and $75CDN for the second. You should be able to find them online a cheaper. They both smoke extremely well and they're my favorite pipes to smoke..

how much tobacco do you need to pack in and how long does it burn for usually?

Always longer than other type of smoking tobacco. Pipe tobacco is a very wet tobacco. It's wetness also means there is a learning curve to keeping it burning so you dont keep having to relight it.

Back