Movie: The King's Speech

ScooBySnaCk

Tribalwar Overlord
Veteran XX
So I got dragged by the wife and folks to go see this. By the previews alone I thought I was in for a good hour plus nap. Quite the opposite really. I found it really suspenseful yet "feel good" and was almost sad when it ended. It takes a lot for me to get into a drama type of movie and this one easily will win a shitload of awards. So if you have not seen this, take the time and do so because it really is good.

Quick cliffs : Movie about a crown prince of England who has a speech impediment.

my grandmother saw it and said it was very good. she's 86 so we usually like all the same movies

I was gonna dodge it (gf wants to see it) but I will heed your opinion and go see it instead

it better be good :]

personally I am a little tired of the "WOW BAM BOOM" cgi flicks..exception being Star Trek. I do look forward to another one of those.

So I got dragged by the wife and folks to go see this. By the previews alone I thought I was in for a good hour plus nap. Quite the opposite really. I found it really suspenseful yet "feel good" and was almost sad when it ended. It takes a lot for me to get into a drama type of movie and this one easily will win a shitload of awards. So if you have not seen this, take the time and do so because it really is good.

Quick cliffs : Movie about a crown prince of England who has a speech impediment.

I felt the exact same way. Came out actually wanting to watch it again was highly entertaining. I thought it was going to be too "documentary-ish" for me to enjoy.

Edit: i'd cringe everytime i felt he was going to screw up his lines...

I thought it was a very good movie and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Good acting, a decent script, and directed well.

Unfortunately, Colin Firth is a shoe in for the oscar. I will admit he's the best beta actor in hollywood (with Mark Ruffalo a distant second). Personally I want James Franco (an Alpha) to win for 127 hours.

I was on the edge of my seat with suspense throughout the entire move.

Spoiler

Colin Firth did a good job but Geoffrey Rush stole the movie, and I'm all for it wining the best picture award - anything as long as it's not that movie about the fagot who created facebook.

I downloaded it a week ago, looking forward to see it.

(Fuck you the movie isn't showing in the nearest 1000 miles from me.)

saw it a month or so ago. Really loved it. While she isn't in it much, its good to see Helena bonham carter it something that isn't Tim Burton's.

Back