Was I Being a Dick?

Dr Dance

Veteran X
Background: Grocery store during the evening rush on the advent of a snowstorm. Checkout lines were of course gruesomely long. I was in the express checkout line. I was standing fourth in line. The line was currently twelve people deep.

This Azn chick decides to "sneak in" front of me. (No pics. But some of you would hit.) She just kind of innocuously stepped in between the lady in front of me and me. I called her out.

"Excuse me, but the end of the line is back there."

She gave me static of course. But I decided to stand up for myself. I wasn't having it. We exchanged words for several minutes. She allowed me in front of her, but she still held her new spot behind me. The others in line behind me either acted or were completely oblivious. She's bitching at me the whole time that I'm checking out my groceries. Having "won" our "battle," I was content to merely grin smugly.

She only had two items. But I still thought that she was rude to butt in line. If she had asked me if it was okay to do that, I would have been gentlemanly. I would have allowed it. But her being sneaky about it rubbed me the wrong way.

Was I being a dick or was I right to stick up for myself?

I would have told her to go fuck herself as well but I wouldn't have questioned myself about it or posted about it TW

you're the reason our world is so fucked up
we're all human beings here stop being such a douchebag

no, you were being a pussy.

being a dick would've been punching her in the back of the head, and when she turned around to say what the fuck grab her by the hair and swing her behind you, knocking down customers behind you with her momentum.

you should do that next time.

Asians don't seem to understand lineups, they always try to mash in. Must be how they do it over there. You did the right thing.

I had a funny thing happen at the local Comcast office. I was there to return my equipment, but the line was to the door because apparently nobody has heard of online bill pay or credit cards.

Anyway there was one line that fed 3 counters, from which it was separated by one of those black beltropes. As my place in the line approached the ropebelt, the black girl in front of me stopped moving ahead in line and just stood there. I asked her if she's in line and she said that she's in the line for those not making payments despite the fact that there was only one line. Someone told her that there was only one line for all transactions but she refused to acknowledge it. So I moved ahead of her in the actual line and she stubbornly continued to stand in her new "line" like an idiot for a few more minutes until she realized that nobody was serving her at the counter and this wasn't going to get her anywhere so she got back into the real line behind me.

Back