Online gaming general question.

Boomerman

Veteran XX
[getting old]

Is it just me or has everyone turned into a complete asshole online? Been playing Black ops as kind of a return to playing online after a few years off and it amazes me just how venomous and generally fucking terrible people are to each other in the servers.

I'm not looking for a love fest I get that it's competition and that people mouth off. I'm cool with that but I dunno it's almost no fun anymore. I'm not being over sensitive here either, I mean, I've been a member here for over 10 years.

Young kids are getting exposed to this sorta shit every day? No wonder they are fucked up.

[/getting old]

Yeah I noticed the same. People rarely even say good game at the end of the match. I like trash talking too, but there are people who get on the commo channels that are like absent's little brother, and usually are so nutless that they actually need to change their voice before they start screaming about niggers and fags

greater-internet-fuckwad-theory1.jpg

You remember people playing Tribes as being polite and respectful do you? "nice play" and not "fkn chnwh0r interp fagt", is that how you think things were?

There was shit talking in tribes but the vibe was more fun overall. In these games you get the sense that everyone is just angry and hates each other. It's like everyone is taking it real personal you know?

Maybe I need to hook up with a clan so I can scrim and play with the same group more often.

Magic the Gathering always had decent players.

Tribes seems to have decent players now days. Nothing like it used to be. Mods are always a different story, but LT / Base are fine.

Most shooter games are like that. So, when I first started playing League of Legends I was wondering what all this "gl hf" shit was. Why would i wish good luck to someone I am playing against in a game. So I just say "hf" now to be polite, and "gg" at the end. It's also like this in Starcraft 2. Rarely would you see that in a shooter though.

Not sucking at 1st person shooters will lessen the smack talk. Poopin' on sluts really keeps the room quiet :D

Not sucking at 1st person shooters will lessen the smack talk.

This.

The best players I come across on just about any FPS don't even chat, they shouldn't be, they should be curb-stomping niggers.

I don't play a FPS to socialize, there's MMO's for that. If I'm playing against you in a FPS I want to destroy you, repeatedly, piss in your gaping mouth. Not talk to you about how my day went.

Reactions: Cik
The problem is people take casual games too seriously. There's nothing wrong with Black Ops, but don't take that shit seriously.

It is one thing to get into a competitive game like Tribes seriously, but don't trash talk after you "owned" in a Call of Duty game.

You remember people playing Tribes as being polite and respectful do you? "nice play" and not "fkn chnwh0r interp fagt", is that how you think things were?

If you played tribes before anyone cared or knew wtf interpolate even was, yes. Then again there wasn't any voice comms unless you intentionally joined a Roger Wilco/etc server, and there was also admins that could shitcan you for being an idiot...all things lacking in the console realm. You can report people but you never find out if they got suspended or not so nobody really ever bothers.

This.

The best players I come across on just about any FPS don't even chat, they shouldn't be, they should be curb-stomping niggers.

I don't play a FPS to socialize, there's MMO's for that. If I'm playing against you in a FPS I want to destroy you, repeatedly, piss in your gaping mouth. Not talk to you about how my day went.

Yeaaaah buddy <3

Back