Anyone ever been to Ecuador?

Going there in a few months, just looking for any advice of cool shit to see (flying into Quito, but we'll probably bus it to the coast)

i haven't been there but i heard from a lot of people that if you have the possibility to do so: go to the galapagos islands!!

I just went there in August. Mainly stayed in a smaller city out by Manta. My dad is retired andlives there now. Quito is a pretty cool city. Great parks there.

Pretty good experience. Went to Quito and some other places that I don't quite recall other than Banos (hot springs) and some part of the rainforest. Galapagos is a must, one of my top 3 travels.

And EVERYONE says "no problem" when you ask them something so don't take their word for it.

funny this thread comes up

i´m flying into quito tomorrow morning to backpack around south america

See the equatorial line in Quito (apparently the big monument is not actually on the line, but close enough, walk a hundred more meters away or so and you are on the real equator). I spent a week surfing in Montanita, good surf, a little two-block party town. Sleeping is hard with all the clubs wailing music all the time. Los Banos has fun stuff to do but the Tungarhua (sp?) is erupting right now so that might be hard. Ride on the roof of the train from Riobamba to El Nariz del Diablo.

funny this thread comes up

i´m flying into quito tomorrow morning to backpack around south america

where are you going? i recently traveled peru and bolivia. what an amazing experience, wish i could have done more countries

Back