[NHL] OMG an American leading the Habs!!!

Merranza

Veteran XX
Seriously, it's the best fucking choice that could have been made :bigthumb:

I was hoping for Gionta all season long last season. Couldn't be happier to have him get the C on his jersey.

Let's hope injuries are not as bad this year and the Habs make another playoff run!

personally i was hoping for carey price. he leads both by example and hard work.

chelios was american...

habs will not make the playoffs this year :(

Time will tell for Price. Even if I prefered Halak, I'm willing to give him a chance at the very least...

Remember Fleury? Everybody wanted him kicked out of the team prior to that Stanley Cup... until that big save vs Lidstrom. Doesn't take a lot to swing your career around sometimes.

As for the playoffs, the only big change is in the goal. All will come down to Price performance as the rest of the team hasn't really changed that much. Really not expecting a top 5 in the East but probably a 6-8 if Price is good... if not, they won't make it.

Time will tell for Price. Even if I prefered Halak, I'm willing to give him a chance at the very least...

Remember Fleury? Everybody wanted him kicked out of the team prior to that Stanley Cup... until that big save vs Lidstrom. Doesn't take a lot to swing your career around sometimes.

As for the playoffs, the only big change is in the goal. All will come down to Price performance as the rest of the team hasn't really changed that much. Really not expecting a top 5 in the East but probably a 6-8 if Price is good... if not, they won't make it.
you seem to have lost a bit of time between flowers first two years and his cup win, most importantly 06-07 and 07-08 where he had excellent years.

so tell me, who did you know wanted fleury run out of town "until he stopped lidstrom"...? were they that upset about making the conference and cup finals the years before?

people whined about him because he was fucking up when he was still too young. price is in a similar predicament in the sense he was rushed way too soon. the difference between them is that flower is a decicated hard worker and carey price is a grade a douchebag with no work ethic.

Actually, they were upset. People were calling him "choker" because he couldn't bring his team to another level. If you want to go with stats, Price actually has better stats in his first 3 years than Fleury had. Not at all saying Price > Fleury, but that argument is not a good one.

Like I said, time will tell. If you are stating right away Price is worth nothing when he's only 23 years old, you know nothing about hockey.

And Bruins will devastate everybody in the East this year.

Actually, they were upset. People were calling him "choker" because he couldn't bring his team to another level. If you want to go with stats, Price actually has better stats in his first 3 years than Fleury had. Not at all saying Price > Fleury, but that argument is not a good one.

Like I said, time will tell. If you are stating right away Price is worth nothing when he's only 23 years old, you know nothing about hockey.

And Bruins will devastate everybody in the East this year.
i... dont know how to respond to you

ever

anyhow be sure to bump this thread when carey has a 40w season or wins a cup.

oh or even takes a team to the conference finals in a capacity other than being a towel boy

Reading comprehension 101 buddy. I said Price IS NOT better than Fleury. Fleury is indeed a much better goalie.

What I said though is you can't claim right away Price will suck for his entire career when he's only 23 yrs old.

You're just trying to stir up some drama over nothing... as usual.

56442008.jpg

Repeat.

Yeah, people forget how quickly Price was brought up. He's still only 23. Many other goalies get a lot more time to develop before being brought up, especially in the Montreal pressure cooker. Jimmy Howard was 25 before he got a starting job in Detroit.

He's going to get tested for sure with the Habs defense though.

Looks like my rants are finally being listened too. And why not. Put Americans on the ice and make a soap opera out of it. I could care less if the Russians, and Sweeds are faster skaters, I don't care. I want names I can say and spell. I can spell Gionta without having to look it up.

The president of the Florida Panthers was on the radio at lunch time. He was talking about the "experience" and making each game like a party. Well that's great, but if they want fans, give them people they can follow.

Looks like my rants are finally being listened too. And why not. Put Americans on the ice and make a soap opera out of it. I could care less if the Russians, and Sweeds are faster skaters, I don't care. I want names I can say and spell. I can spell Gionta without having to look it up.

The president of the Florida Panthers was on the radio at lunch time. He was talking about the "experience" and making each game like a party. Well that's great, but if they want fans, give them people they can follow.
ilu ngfm

Back