The NGFM effect - Marriage down to record lows

There are probably hundreds of reasons why its been dropping a ton from the past, i'm sure women's equality, mobility, internet, acceptance of gay lifestyles, lower church attendance rates, hard economic times, and other factors are all part of it.

How the fuck would acceptance of gay lifestyles cause marriage rates to drop? I need clarification on this.

Thank You.

Record divorce rates, and guys who got screwed and pass that info on to others. Plus declining belief in religion. Marriage comes from the church. The guy gets nothing out of it, but stands to lose everything. The traditional values of the past are done thanks to record number of lawyers who screw the man over. The man is always blamed, even if they do nothing wrong. Meanwhile, everyone here on TW passes along the information that women are crazy bitches that are like ticking time bombs.

How the fuck would acceptance of gay lifestyles cause marriage rates to drop? I need clarification on this.

probably miniscule, but I don't know about you but several of my acquaintences parents and people like Rancher Dan are gay, but got married and had kids, they probably did so due to religious and being in areas where they didn't feel comfortable being gay. Now they're no longer in those relationships. I also think that most of that population is either not married, not able to get married or in 'civil unions'.

is that possibly a small contributor?

Ok, I can see that. Gay person marries because of social pressure. I was thinking about it as two heterosexuals not marrying because of gay acceptance.

Just tell your girl you shouldn't get married until gays could get married too. She is very liberal and was very cool with the idea.

Ok, I can see that. Gay person marries because of social pressure. I was thinking about it as two heterosexuals not marrying because of gay acceptance.
I'll leave that as a mental exercise for the social conservatives. Lord knows this wouldn't be the biggest stretch they've done.

Though I think it'll be along the lines of "gay marriage was weakened the significance of the institution of marriage, and fewer straight people want to associated with what they consider abominable partnerships. If marriage isn't about producing children, then what's the point? Why even bother getting married?"

Certainly will be easier to swallow than all these harder-to-understand economic factors, don't you think?

Last edited:
I'll leave that as a mental exercise for the social conservatives. Lord knows this wouldn't be the biggest stretch they've done.

Though I think it'll be along the lines of "gay marriage was weakened the significance of the institution of marriage, and fewer straight people want to associated with what they consider abominable partnerships. If marriage isn't about producing children, then what's the point? Why even bother getting married?"

Certainly will be easier to swallow than all these harder-to-understand economic factors, don't you think?

I have actually heard some people say things along these lines before.

My thinking is, do you not fuck any more because gay people do it too? Is your meal ruined because somewhere a faggot is surely enjoying the same food you are? Can't listen to a song or watch a movie because some homo is certainly involved with the creation or production of media?

In short: STFU, you goddamned retards.

I'm pretty sure it's because all women are whorish sluts and the women's rights movement has forced society into accepting this, thus degrading any and all integrity in heterosexual relationships.

Gays have been gays for as long as gays could gay. That has nothing to do with it.

It's the fact women are no longer expected to be "with one man", so they can whore themselves out until their mid 30's/40's when they suddenly realize, oh fuck, what do I do now. Gee, maybe I shouldn't have broken up with that guy I was with for 2 years and who pledged unending love and devotion to me because I wanted to fuck some random dudes at a bar that week. Maybe that was a bad idea.

Although of course women can't think rationally and will never realize this, so you watch the epic amount of mid-life crisis women incoming in about 10 years.

Last edited:
It's not all women's fault though. A lot of it has to do with the plain immaturity of men way into their late 30's. Just look at TW, half of you queers watch anime and are well above 20.

It's not all women's fault though. A lot of it has to do with the plain immaturity of men way into their late 30's. Just look at TW, half of you queers watch anime and are well above 20.

No, it's all women's fault.

I can't count the amount of female friends I have had who were like.. OH SIGH.. THERE ARE NO GOOD GUYS OUT THERE

yeah why the fuck do you think that is you stupid slut

every decent guy you ever dated, any guy that treated you with respect, ended up having his heart broken because you met some douchebag at a bar who flashed his abs and brushed you off, and decided you'd rather try dating him then settle for your perfectly caring boyfriend

Women get bored easily, and because of this they fuck up any chance they have at being truly happy. I've only known maybe two girls who ever admitted they got bored easily and took it in stride, and I at least respected them for that. The rest of women try to deny it, justify their ultimately dishonest and whorish actions with abject stupidity and then SIGH when they can't find a decent guy.

Back