[So] I went from the interviewee to the....

OneManArmy

Veteran XV
...interviewer within a short period of time.

What are some good questions to ask? And what should I be looking for in the responses?

I thought about buying a book or two on how to preform good interviews. Any suggestions there?

I am conducting interviews for both Store managers and Assistant store managers in retail.

What are some good questions to ask? And what should I be looking for in the responses?

I thought about buying a book or two on how to preform good interviews. Any suggestions there?

I am conducting interviews for both Store managers and Assistant store managers in retail.

I'd rather you perform a good interview rather than preform one but that's just me.

WHAT!
Are you for real?

Sheeesh! :nuts:

Question.

Have you done retail?
.......Then you should know what to ask.

what's your best quality?
what's your worst quality?
how is your attendance?

and various questions pertaining to the job skills.

i'd just spin wildly crazy scenarios like; lets say you're about to leave for work and your dog gets hit by a car, then you get a phone call that your mom is dead and your doctor calls you to let you know the test results are in, you have cancer. do you come in to work or call out?

Here's how you can determine if they are racist Southerners...ask them who won the civil war. If they answer the South, they're bigots.

I used to do this, but the last few interviews I had where I tried this tactic, it just made me look cocky and arrogant.

I suggest being inquisitive enough to where you appear knowledgeable. Anything more is pushing the boundaries

What are some good questions to ask?

• How old are you?
  • Are you married or do you have a permanent partner?
  • What was the date of your last physical exam?
  • What is your native language?
  • Are you a US citizen?
  • Have you ever been arrested?
  • What clubs or social organizations do you belong to?
  • Did you ever own any of the following: Kangaroos shoe(s), Manimal action figure(s), or anything Pokemon related? If so, please describe why. If not, tell me a little bit about your childhood bedsheets.
  • What do you think would be the best time of day for stealing lawn furniture from neighbors?

If its for retail more than likely your company has a set of questions they want you to stay by. When I worked at Circuit City years ago, they pre-printed interview questions and wanted you to ask only those to avoid lawsuits ect. It was so dumb and super PC heh

if you see a peer doing something against company policy, what is your course of action?

Back