100km long traffic jam

DDS

Veteran XV
A 100km long traffic jam in China has entered its ninth day and drivers are being warned the bottleneck could continue for a month.

The road network into Beijing is struggling to cope with the volume of vehicles

Hundreds of trucks heading for Beijing on the Beijing-Tibet Expressway have been at a standstill because of roadworks in the capital.

Small traffic accidents or broken-down cars are aggravating the congestion which started on August 14.

But those affected have been taking the disruption in their stride.

Drivers have been playing chess or cards, with some joking "concerts should be held at each congested area every weekend, to alleviate drivers' homesickness".

And local residents have been benefiting from the queue too by setting up temporary stalls selling food and drink to the car owners.

There has been anger that some vendors have been making a small fortune by overcharging drivers for items including noodles and hot water.

Click Here

15702704.jpg

They wanted cars so they could pretend to be just like Middle America, now they get to live in LA traffic * 1.3 billion.

i'd hate to be the city planner in the heart of China, might as well make the entire ground section of china roads to cope with the pop.

china's power and fortune is built on the backs of its people

it's only a matter of time before the cost of doing business in china outweighs the savings. workers at Foxconn, a contract manufacturer which makes things like iphones, hp computers, etc got a 30% raise this year

their growth is not sustainable...

pics from orbit comparing traffic to great wall?

edit: the photo gallery doesn't have a single pic of traffic, what a stupid unbased article

china's power and fortune is built on the backs of its people

it's only a matter of time before the cost of doing business in china outweighs the savings. workers at Foxconn, a contract manufacturer which makes things like iphones, hp computers, etc got a 30% raise this year

their growth is not sustainable...
Yep, their current competitive advantage is what will lead to the Chinese bubble burst.

I think they may catch up or surpass other first world countries, but the fall will be scaled up too.

This traffic jam is clear evidence that even though they're arriving late to the game that they aren't learning from the follies that other countries have made.

does anyone do any hard labor there? i don't see one pick-up in that photo.

also, i don't think gas would last two days idling in my truck, much less 9 days or a month.

Last edited:
Back