San Jose / Bay Area TWers

Whistler

Veteran X
So I may be moving to San Jose for work in a few months. I am looking for a good area to live, as well as any general advice.

What's a good area for someone in their mid 20's to live in or around San Jose? I hear its pretty damn expensive, is it commonplace for people to rent out single rooms in apartments, or do most people just suck it up and pay a ton for rent?

Any help would be much obliged :sunny:

Where are you working (location not company)? I would aim to not have a commute. Yes you can get a single room or studio for cheaper.

depends .... on how much you want to spend and if you want to commute ... traffic in and around San Jose is terrible ... look into the Santa Clara area or Mountin View ...

depends .... on how much you want to spend and if you want to commute ... traffic in and around San Jose is terrible ... look into the Santa Clara area or Mountin View ...

Mountain View rents are way up due to Google and Facebook in that area.

i'm in downtown MV

in terms of living near bars and such, you don't have a ton of amazing options in the south bay short of moving to SF. i like going out in palo alto the most down here, mountain view isn't anything too special. los gatos is nice, not sure how the commute would be from that area, but also if you're in walking distance to downtown LG im guessing you'd be paying a lot. downtown san jose has a few ghetto places but also a few decent ones, maybe that's your best bet

How much money are you making?

There is fuck all to do in the South Bay unless you're an avid San Jose Sharks fan

My mom lives on the Alameda/82 and pays $1600/month for a 1 bedroom apartment. She is also borderline retarded

not sure what i'll be making but it'll be fairly comfortable for the area. i am used to a commute in order to live somewhere fun (1+ hrs to the chicago suburbs at my last job). there has to be another fun area nearby right? i guess the criteria would be young people, good food / night life that is possibly walkable, etc.

If you are specifically looking for areas in San Jose then I suggest Willow Glen area around Lincoln. Seems to be hotspot for the 30 somethings.

the problem with the south bay is everything is pretty split up, each 'town' (other than san jose) has a little downtown usually on 1 street with restaurants and shops and maybe a few bars.

on the other hand, san jose is a big downtown city and has a lot of places to go. just dont expect lots of hot white women to be out and about. its called man jose for a reason

i'm unfamiliar with willow glen, never been there ;o

A good town if you want to be San Jose is Willow Glen. For nice cities around there I'd say Mountain View and Cuppertino. I lived in South San Jose off the 87 and Capital Expressway when I was going to SJSU, pretty nice there as well. The San Jose "nightlife" isn't terrible but it's not like your bigger cities of course. There are plenty of clubs with hot womens if that's what you're asking in San Jose though.

Good food: La Victoria (in downtown SJ), Taqueria El Coral (In South San Jose), there are plenty of restaurants and shit all over you find eventually.

What race women?
Sunnyvale for dot heads. San jose for can. Epa for black. Cupertino for azn. Palo alto for whitish. Los gatos is always good for the gold digger.
All these places have good and bad. Where will you work and what do you want.
Just stay off my lawn in Hillsborough.

la victoria blows iguanas out of the water sry br0s. i saw joey chestnut at hooters on campbell once.. he was by himself at the bar.. loser

since you're young i'd say get a loft in a high rise downtown

la victoria blows iguanas out of the water sry br0s. i saw joey chestnut at hooters on campbell once.. he was by himself at the bar.. loser

since you're young i'd say get a loft in a high rise downtown

I'd say Iguana's has better food overall, but La Vic's orange sauce puts it over the top. "Blows it out of the water"...no.

Back