should i move from sf to atl?

motoxbudd

Contributor
Veteran XV
i did a lil too good a job pimpin new sw i b makin for job. now boss wants me to move to atl to join sw dev team. i been there plenty o times to know it sux butthole compared to n cali. i like my job here, but it'd b pretty slick to work full time on tool dev. /me confused.

No because I won't be able to see you at next years Sausagefest :(.

But I think SF would be better anyways.

(Note: I have never actually been to either places aside from an IHOP in Atlanta).

atlanta is pretty tight... if you know people here. If you are coming alone and with no contacts then I would say stay over there.

there are lots of "hip young 20-somethings" in smyrna, vinings, alpharetta, norcross, at/around GA tech, roundabout where i work. anywhere the tech jobs are. suburban neighborhoods are almost always 100% black or 100% white. and it's hot and humid unlike anything you've probably ever experienced out west. also bugs, all over the fucking place. inexplicable decades-long highway construction projects that fuck with traffic on a daily basis. those things aside, it ain't so bad. affordable living.

If you want to move from a faggot-infested hellhole to a nigger-infested hellhole, then go ahead.

there are lots of "hip young 20-somethings" in smyrna, vinings, alpharetta, norcross, at/around GA tech, roundabout where i work. anywhere the tech jobs are. suburban neighborhoods are almost always 100% black or 100% white. and it's hot and humid unlike anything you've probably ever experienced out west. also bugs, all over the fucking place. inexplicable decades-long highway construction projects that fuck with traffic on a daily basis. those things aside, it ain't so bad. affordable living.

this

im in white nice and cozy alpharetta btw :p

I have family north (Alpharetta, Cumming, Suwanee) of Atlanta. I will only visit for holidays.

Honestly moto, Northern California is the best place for your "personality". Georgia is horribly ignorant, even in the hippest circles.

do you like riding trains with people who demonstrate a great deal of ethnic diversity?

Hahaha MARTA is awesome. It really is quite convenient since it goes inside the airport.

I fly in and take the train to the northernmost station. I leave and take the train back to the airport. The south Atlanta stretch is quite the cultural experience.

:bigthumb:

Drivers who switched from San Francisco to Atlanta saved an average of $468 a year. That's Allstate's stand. Are you in good hands?

Back