Fantasy baseball keeper league

Synth

Veteran XX
This is my team, we get to keep 3 players. Opinions? Its a 12 man H2H league.

C Buster Posey, SF C, 1B
1B Jorge Cantu, Fla 3B, 1B
2B Brandon Phillips, Cin 2B
3B Adrian Beltre, Bos 3B
SS Hanley Ramirez, Fla SS
IF Nick Swisher, NYY 1B, RF
LF Matt Holliday, StL LF
CF Michael Bourn, Hou CF
RF Aubrey Huff, SF 1B, LF, RF, DH
OF Adam Jones, Bal CF
UTIL Carlos Lee, Hou LF
Bench Miguel Montero, Ari C
Bench Ryan Ludwick, StL RF
DL Manny Ramirez*, LAD LF DL15

P CC Sabathia, NYY SP
P Josh Johnson, Fla SP
P Matt Cain, SF SP
P Brian Fuentes, LAA RP
P Ryan Franklin, StL RP
P Matt Capps, Was RP
P Colby Lewis, Tex SP
Bench Johan Santana, NYM SP

Im leaning towards Hanley Ramirez, Buster Posey and Josh Johnson

toss up though between posey/Holiday/Sabathia for me though

I am worried about buster posey hitting @ home bc of the right field wall. He goes the opposite way with his power, so how many HR's is he going to miss out on at AT&T park.

Don't over think your decision. Keep the best young talent and draft intelligently.

I've never been big on expecting huge numbers from young guys but posey is a great offensive talent at a defensive position, it's worth the risk even if his ops is sub 800 next year.

i used to troll a sf giants board demanding posey to be brought up to the majors using the username "Come in my Posey"

they banned me. :*(

wrong. Hanley, C. Lewis, Posey. Those are who you want. CC is good, but look at what lewis is doing having the best hitters park in baseball as his home turf

Josh Johnson or Colby Lewis?

Hmmm...come on!

Hanley
Josh Johnson
Buster Posey over Holliday. His Catcher eligibility cancels out the diminished power numbers @ AT&T.

Also who is Carlos Santana? I saw a few highlights and that guy has some raw power from both sides. I thought Buster was the best (young) catcher in the league. I am impressed by Santana's plate discipline.

126 AB 22 R/21 RBI 6 HR (19 XBH) 34BB/25K .270BA (.418OB) .934OBPS
178 AB 28 R/32 RBI 8 HR (19 XBH) 11BB/22K .371BA (.407OB) .986OBPS

My problem is that I see Posey's OB comming down. He doesn't walk and won't bc has good contact rate (low K's). I see him as a ~.310 hitter. Hitting @ home with a bigger sample size is also something I would like to see. The guy is hitting 100 points higher than Santana yet has a lower OB %. I'd like to see who is better in 3/5/7 years.

I think only hk will care about this reply since he is a giant's bandwagon fan.

Synth, you should probably trade Hanley Ramirez. Get rid of him now, immediately, this week. I think you can probably get a boatload of starting pitching from some team to assist you in your playoff run, and then give that team Pujols, Crawford, and Ramirez as keepers.

I'm just sayin'.

Synth, you should probably trade Hanley Ramirez. Get rid of him now, immediately, this week. I think you can probably get a boatload of starting pitching from some team to assist you in your playoff run, and then give that team Pujols, Crawford, and Ramirez as keepers.

I'm just sayin'.

tarp-30198.jpg

I am worried about buster posey hitting @ home bc of the right field wall. He goes the opposite way with his power, so how many HR's is he going to miss out on at AT&T park.

may be true that he wont get to many HRs but triples ally is right where is mashes, I see him using that to his advantage a ton.

Also Adam I need to pay you man, whats your paypal?

We both know youre keepin Greinke haha

Last edited:
Back