Lawmaker to BP CEO: Kill yourself

Stilgar

Veteran XX
NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- A hearing to discuss the future of national energy policy in the wake of the Gulf oil disaster got pretty ugly Tuesday.

Lawmakers slammed executives from five of the world's largest oil companies. At one point Rep. Cliff Stearns, R-Fla., called on Lamar McKay, chairman and president of BP America, to quit his job. Rep. Anh "Joseph" Cao, R-Louisiana went so far as to suggest McKay try a type of ritual suicide.

Lawmaker tells BP chief to 'commit hara-kiri' - Jun. 15, 2010

:lol:
Excellent!

Actually thats pretty much what he said I was watching the stream.

Granted he didn't mean it that way but he wasn't very good at explaining himself.

Actually thats pretty much what he said I was watching the stream.

Granted he didn't mean it that way but he wasn't very good at explaining himself.

like i said.

taken out of context.

the whole idea was he should 'fall on his own sword' so to speak. i'm not suprised the media has sensationalized it to 'LOL HE TOLD HIM TO GO KILL HIMSELF' and idiots are going 'OMG LOL WOW'

cause thats pretty much whats going on.

the whole idea was he should 'fall on his own sword' so to speak.

Why do you bother bringing logic to an emotional argument? Telling the BP Exec to kill himself is a much better media exercise than a simple analogy exercise.

Committing ritual suicide would imply that there is any honor left. In this jewed up world, it seems there simply isn't any to begin with.

like i said.

taken out of context.

the whole idea was he should 'fall on his own sword' so to speak. i'm not suprised the media has sensationalized it to 'LOL HE TOLD HIM TO GO KILL HIMSELF' and idiots are going 'OMG LOL WOW'

cause thats pretty much whats going on.

Exactly why I thought the CNN piece funny.
When I first saw it, I had the thought that someone here wrote the article.

a-harry-caray-photo.jpg

What exactly is wrong with saying "kill yourself" in this situation, even if that were the context?

it's so nice that the US media likes to take a single phrase out of context and make it a whole news story while disregarding the actual news of the day.

It's turning into a dog and pony show, what with politicians taking advantage of public sentiment. I wonder if the oil guy sent an email to the Senator asking him how much money he wants for his next election campaign?

Jewmedia is stepping up to the plate, wildly exaggerating the supposed dissent, and helping politicians to score electoral favor.

There's no story here, other than the ongoing manipulation of the public. :shrug:

Back