Blame Canada!!!

scotsman

Veteran X
no really....blame Canada.

We've had a smoky haze all over the state (NH) from the fires burning near Quebec. The worst part is I work for the fire department and I'm on shift today.

While the other guys were out in the engine I answered calls all morning about smoke. I swear I was ready to go rinse my mouth out with buckshot

well then i went and smoked up a tall order of beef jerky in order to appease the french prime rib meal that i did not care to take with me over the pond

cocksuckers did it on purpose because all they get is "patriot day," the holiday where all canadians come to the US to hike our mountains.

so they fuck up our awesome memorial day bbq with their stupid canada smoke

i'm in ri and im choking on this shit

Look. We're trying really fucking hard to rid ourselves of Quebec. We thought it would burn down pretty quick, but it just seems to be smoldering. Sorry.

cocksuckers did it on purpose because all they get is "patriot day," the holiday where all canadians come to the US to hike our mountains.

it is actually Victoria Day. [care}NH choking on smoke[/care]

it is actually Victoria Day. [care}NH choking on smoke[/care]

Actually, they celebrate "National Patriots' Day" in Quebec the same day as Victoria Day in the rest of the country. Just like how they have "National Holiday of Quebec" a week before Canada Day. As Kahula explained, they're too partied out to celebrate Canada Day since they celebrated the Quebec National Holiday the week before... :rolleyes:

Oh, so sorry some of our citizens are spending tourism dollars in your country. We'll stop doing that, eh?

BTW, Canada doesn't have a holiday called Patriot Day.

edit: ah, provincial holiday

Last edited:
Here in Montreal it smelled like one big bonfire all of yesterday. Luckily it's rained today so hopefully the fires will have stopped.

And yes we do have Patriot day instead of Victoria day here. It's to celebrate some french rebels who fought the British back in the 1830s.

And finally, yes the french separatists do suck. I can honestly say that if I lived anywhere else in Canada I'd probably tell them to bugger off and separate. We're billions of dollars in debt, the federal government is constantly giving us money and yet we demand a separate official language and all kinds of other stupid concessions.

But because I live here in Quebec, please, please don't kick out the province and leave me stuck here! lol.

Back