Going to purchase a PS3 this coming pay day

mstrike

Veteran XV
dvkh08.png

Don't ask for my gamer tag or any of that gay shit; I'm just going to use it for it's Blu-Ray capabilities and to play some of the cool single player games that don't make it to PC.

What games are a "must own" on this system?

Last edited:
Uncharted 1 & 2
God of War Collection
God of War 3
Demon's Souls
Metal Gear Solid 4
Infamous
Heavy Rain
Valkyria Chronicles
Disgaea 3 (if you like SRPGs)

I play mostly sports games. I played assassins creed 2 which was alright. Metal gear solid 4 was fantastic. Got god of war 3 but haven't played it yet.

i want to get a ps3 for a blu ray player as well, but i just can't fucking justify it to myself until at least a couple of decent games (that i want) come out :/

There's quite a few downloadable gems these days. If you're into mega man, 9 & 10 are fantastic retro-style games. You can pick up the whole Pixeljunk pack right now for $15 as part of a sale (Racer/Monsters/Eden as a bundle, Shooter separate).

Not going to repeat everybody else's lists other than to reiterate that Demon's Souls is definitely a 'must-have' if you're into a brutally difficult dungeon-crawler.

I have FIFA 10, Little Big Planet and just borrowed Uncharted 2. Would recommend any of those.

Download Demos, there's a bunch of em. You could spend the first few weeks playing demos without the need to buy games.

I downloaded a few movies (rent) and watch Blu-Ray. PS3 is a good purchase.

Oh and I'm thinking of buying the upcoming Mod Nation Racers. Looks pretty cool. I'm a huge Mario Kart fan and this looks like it takes it a bit further. I could see a lot of replay value (like LBP) with all the play create share stuff.

I can't wait for Mod Nation. I haven't played Mario Kart since n64, so I'm ready.

Mario Kart Wii is pretty fun. Only thing that would have made MK Wii better was a VS mode (Humans only racing on the same screen). As it is, you HAVE to race with the 8 other Ai and it's annoying. I'd rather race head to head with the guy/girl next to me. You CAN race head to head but online only.

Secondly, the battle tracks were pretty lame. Super Mario Kart had about the best battle mode. The one's in MK Wii are pretty lame.

I'll add a third little complaint, item spam! Holy fuck if you're in the front you are fuck spammed all to hell. Red turtle, turtle with wings, lightning bolt, oil slick, POW'd to fuck. It's absolutely RIDICULOUS. I'd rather do a bit more racing (like SMK).

Still a good game. Have hopes for Mod Nation Racers, but I'm guessing it won't be to the level MK series is.

pay day?

must be nice being poor

or maybe he's on a budget?

I will be doing the same thing next week mstrike. My xbox rrod'd (first time ever), but I don't know if I want to fuck with buying a new one and risking that again.

if you are waiting for a payday to purchase something you fucking suck at life

have some personal responsibility

if he was on a budget he wouldn't be waiting to waste money

Back