Where the fuck did all the dinosaurs come from?

Mitchdubai

Poop
Veteran XV
My 3 year old brought home his first dinosaur book from school today. There seems to be more dinosaurs than when I was at school. I'm sure in those days it was just T-rex, Brontosaurus, Stegosaurus, Triceratops and Achaeopteryx and maybe a handful of other boring ones. Now there are fucking hundreds of them. Any paleontologists in the forum got an explanation for this?

are you retarded? is this a troll?

where do all the different birds come from?
where do all the different insects come from?
where do all the different monkeys come from?

with any group of animals you can expect individual groups of those animals to find niches that increases their fitness, propelling their individual evolutions as a broad variety of species.

it was only a matter of time before we start finding more and more different species of dinosaur

did this even deserve an answer?

2.jpg

are you retarded? is this a troll?

where do all the different birds come from?
where do all the different insects come from?
where do all the different monkeys come from?

with any group of animals you can expect individual groups of those animals to find niches that increases their fitness, propelling their individual evolutions as a broad variety of species.

it was only a matter of time before we start finding more and more different species of dinosaur

did this even deserve an answer?

Well it seems it did deserve an answer. My point is, using your own comparison, how many more known insect species are there now than there were 30 years ago? I would guess that the change in that number is nowhere near the change in the number of dinosaurs. That's what i'm looking for an explanation to.

Alos, insects are still evolving. Dinosaurs, not so much. Kind of a finite group of species, doncha think?

My 3 year old brought home his first dinosaur book from school today. There seems to be more dinosaurs than when I was at school. I'm sure in those days it was just T-rex, Brontosaurus, Stegosaurus, Triceratops and Achaeopteryx and maybe a handful of other boring ones. Now there are fucking hundreds of them. Any paleontologists in the forum got an explanation for this?

School books aren't exactly the most accurate or comprehensive tomes on the planet. Do you really think your textbook's were ever meant to be a complete list of all dinosaurs ever?

Besides, the more time archaeologists have to dig up the Earth's crust, the more likely they are to find more species of dinosaur.

I like how your assumption is {Mitchdubai's scientific knowledge} = {Scientific community's scientific knowledge}

Mitch, you've never explained why your goal is to bring so much hate upon the UAE. I really enjoyed my time there. Why do you want everyone to hate it so much?

Mitch, you've never explained why your goal is to bring so much hate upon the UAE. I really enjoyed my time there. Why do you want everyone to hate it so much?

It's a personal vendetta against you, you should be honoured.

Also, this thread is (or rather was) fuck all to do with the UAE. What can I do if random fuckwits jump in every thread I make and turn it into the standard issue slaves and sand crap?

they evolved from terrible, gigantic snails and slugs
each with it's own evolutionary advantages, such as armored plates, spikes, lazer antenna, acid slime, camo shell

and various others

did this logic really escape you Mitch? come on... :lol:

Of course, but the numbers don't stack was my problem. There were 5-10 dino types, now there are 100+ (and this is in a book they give to 3 year olds). Archaeology has been around for what 200 years? But so much progress has been made in the last 30? Seems to be exponential. Guess it has to be down to techological advances in identification rather than more people digging with sharper shovels.

they evolved from terrible, gigantic snails and slugs
each with it's own evolutionary advantages, such as armored plates, spikes, lazer antenna, acid slime, camo shell

and various others

Thanks, that's brilliant, but I doubt that this scary version of evolution would account for the difference between the variety of species 65,000,000 years ago and 65,000,030 years ago.

Of course, but the numbers don't stack was my problem. There were 5-10 dino types, now there are 100+ (and this is in a book they give to 3 year olds). Archaeology has been around for what 200 years? But so much progress has been made in the last 30? Seems to be exponential. Guess it has to be down to techological advances in identification rather than more people digging with sharper shovels.

I like how your assumption is {Mitchdubai's scientific knowledge} = {Scientific community's scientific knowledge}

So many things escape you

#1 - Archaeology = investigation of past human societies, not dinosaurs. You were right the first time, it's paleontology.
#2 - Most of the research on dinosaurs was done in the 1970s when there was an explosion of interest in the subject.
#3 - The longer we have to dig the more we find.

and everything else samuelk and baby bew said

... there were like 50 different species in land before time and that came out in like 87, was a kids movie so wouldn't have all of them, and your source on Dinos sucked ass.

Back