Rex Grossman to the skins

Rev_Night

Welches
Veteran XV
wtf?? I mean, i know Cambell is not a QB god but goddamn, rex grossman? Christ, i would rather have brady quinn and hes only 22

Washington Redskins agree with Rex Grossman on one-year deal - ESPN

Although many expected the Redskins to sign former Broncos quarterback Chris Simms, Washington made a different move at the position.

The Redskins reached agreement Wednesday with former Bears and Texans quarterback Rex Grossman on a one-year deal, the team announced.

The deal reunites Grossman, 29, with Redskins offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan, who also spent last season in Houston.

Grossman, whose career stats include 33 touchdowns, 36 interceptions and 6,197 throwing yards, led the Chicago Bears to the Super Bowl after the 2006 season.

But he played in only 12 games the next two seasons, and left the Bears as a free agent in 2009.

Grossman has played in 37 NFL games, including 31 starts. He has completed 524 of 971 passes (54 percent) for 6,197 yards, with 33 touchdowns and 36 interceptions.

The Redskins released veteran backup quarterback Todd Collins on March 4.

Adam Schefter is ESPN's NFL Insider. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

if campbell had time to throw and any consistency in his pro career i think he could have been a decent starter

but if his career is ever going to get any better he needs a fresh start somewhere

maybe he can get that with shanny but i think he needs a couple years as a solid backup so he doesn't have the pressure of being 'the guy' on an incredibly shitty team

You can sign all of the B quarterbacks in the whole league of you want. But if they don't improve that horrible excuse for an offensive line, they'll be 4-12 again no matter which quarterback is getting sacked.

if campbell had time to throw and any consistency in his pro career i think he could have been a decent starter

but if his career is ever going to get any better he needs a fresh start somewhere

maybe he can get that with shanny but i think he needs a couple years as a solid backup so he doesn't have the pressure of being 'the guy' on an incredibly shitty team

the new regime will be a fresh start.

the only one left is snyder himself, and he doesn't make decisions anymore (at least thats what they say).

i still think JC has a lot of potential. The kid has had a different O scheme almost every year since he got here.

our O line has sucked for a while now, and last season he literally ran for his life.

last season, as someone who watched 100% of every fucking game, i can objectively say JC was one of the few players who showed ANY sort of heart, or desire, and gave 100% effort.

that said, grossman sucks. i'd rather have brennan come in as a backup. we already know grossman sucks, there's a good chance brenna sucks too, but at least there's a possibility of him not sucking.

If you think that Snyder isn't going to make team decisions anymore, then you are fooling yourself. The hiring of Allen as GM was a publicity move that was made merely to placate the fans.

If you think that Snyder isn't going to make team decisions anymore, then you are fooling yourself. The hiring of Allen as GM was a publicity move that was made merely to placate the fans.

yeah. i don't think so.

i know two people who were very good friends with George Allen. And used to party with bruce when he was younger. they have bruce in their cell phone contacts.

they know more about the situation than whoever's blog you pull your information off of.

edit: you also have to consider that two years ago, snyder couldn't find a single person willing to coach his team besides zorn, because of him and ceratto. the whole reason Zorn got the HC job was because noone else would take it. he didn't magically pull shanahan (who i think is overrated anyways) and bruce allen because people's opinoins changed. they have full control over the team, and the only way around it is for snyder to fire them.

i just hope this doesn't turn out like the shottenheimer experiment did. a year of cleaning house, getting back on track, then snyder fires him because he can't handle not having control, and then back to the same laughing-stock bullshit for another 10 years.

Last edited:

i cant believe im responding to a zoparoth post

but mike shanahan took a season off from football and toured the entire league checking out teams and getting ready to make his comeback

i honestly dont believe he would have signed with the skins if he thought snyder would hamstring him and make him look like a shithead

the fact that cerrato is gone and allen is in should have put a lot of fears to rest in that regard

Back