Have an iphone? Want to listen to your entire music libary?

Tahnit

Veteran XV
So i just discovered this thing called orb. It is a media server that you run on your desktop. You tell it where your music is and let it sit there.

Then you download a 99c application from the app store called Orb Music.

This lets me stream my entire music library regardless of where I am. Quality is very decent (128kbs over 3g,250+ over wifi). I can pretty much delete all my music on my ipod and just use this. So far i have not had a single song buffer over 3g. Its pretty seamless.

Just think TW might be interested in such an application. If its OFN i searched :shrug:

MyCast your digital media with Orb 2.0 remote pc access software

why would you want to listen to a shittier quality version of your high quality tracks you already have

Do you use your iPhone as a GPS for when you deliver pizza? Has it improved your delivery time and kept the managers from firing you for getting lost and costing them pizzas because of "30 minutes or it's free" guarantee?

OFN...

This was used to stream media to the Wii a long ass time ago, and I'm sure we have a thread about this somewhere.

Last edited:
Honestly, I only listen to the music on my iPhone when I'm drunk. If you listen to your library everyday, you'll get sick of it. I listen to www.somafm.com at work, it also streams to the iPhone. Groove Salad for the win.

Ampache is better than Orb for music.

Orb is better for streaming videos to your phone.

Then again you have to be smart enough to set up a web server to run Ampache. I dunno if tahnit could handle that.

So I bought my wife an ipod touch. I was going to use it on my computer since I still have itunes from my old ipod but its taking forever to sync the songs. Is the analyzing after its already transferred needed? I dont remember.

Back