What are the best quad core cpus out there?

Rev_Night

Welches
Veteran XV
I dont care if its AMD or Intel, but i do want it cheap, running cool, and the mobo and ram cant be too pricey either. I see that their mobos are about the same price, and ram is ram, and the amds are still a bit cheaper. are there any awesome or terrible cpus i should know about?

I don't get why the i7s are like 3x as expensive as the AMD Phenoms. I was looking at the Phenom II Quad-core Black edition 965 or something it's only like $150 and has the same speed as the 400 dollar i7.

I have an intel quad 2.66 OCed to just over 3 and it still has plenty of room to go but I have no reason to push it. It hasn't let me down yet.

Take a look at an i5-750. Good price, good performance and can be easily overclocked (if your in to that; I have mine O/C'd to 3.8 Ghz).

I don't get why the i7s are like 3x as expensive as the AMD Phenoms. I was looking at the Phenom II Quad-core Black edition 965 or something it's only like $150 and has the same speed as the 400 dollar i7.

what?

because AMD is producing trash processors right now.

and no, just becuase you have an AMD processor and are happy with it, does not mean that AMD is not producing trash processors right now.
because they most certainly are.

ever since they combined with ATI both companies have sucked ass.

i7's are the newest. I'm sure you would get by just fine with an i5 and enjoy the reduced price.

what?

because AMD is producing trash processors right now.

and no, just becuase you have an AMD processor and are happy with it, does not mean that AMD is not producing trash processors right now.
because they most certainly are.

ever since they combined with ATI both companies have sucked ass.

i7's are the newest. I'm sure you would get by just fine with an i5 and enjoy the reduced price.

Bah, that's only true for CPUs over $200. Anything <$200 and AMD is the faster CPU when comparing dollar for dollar.

Of course, if you want the best, you have to get an Intel i7 and AMD has nothing that can match it yet.

:ftard: you actually think nvidia is in a better shape then ati? Christ man, do you even keep yourself semi-current? ati released dx11 cards back in october and nvidia still has yet to release a competitor.

says the guy posting a thread titled: "What are the best quad core cpus out there?"

who then, in the OP says, 'i don't care if its AMD or Intel'

yeah, you have a right to slam others for not being current.

quit asking quesitons if you're not going to accept the answers.

Back