Shattered Horizon - Free Weekend

Got Haggis?

Veteran XX
Futuremark Games Studio's zero-gravity spaceborne PC shooter Shattered Horizon will be playable by all for free over the coming weekend, the developer has announced.

Set around the remnants of a broken Moon and battered International Space Station, Shattered Horizon boasts multiplayer zero-g combat with up to 32 players. The DirectX 10-powered shooter recently received a jolt of new maps in its 'Moonrise' update.

The free weekend begins at 7pm EST today and will run until 4pm EST on Sunday.

steam preload link: steam://install/18110

It's a must see even if you don't end up playing it all the time. The level design and game mechanics are ingenious.

sounds cool if we can play the new maps. i already played the 3-day pass. i liked it but wasn't good at it so i wouldn't buy it

Pretty game, looks amazing. Flight controls are sluggish. Traveling in open space = death.

The novelty of it was fun, but it did get frustrating. I was on an auto-balance server but the elites were team stacking and rolling the other team. I'll give it another try though.

I got a trial from someone here a while back but there were only like 4 servers available and, as others have said, all the good dudes were just steamrolling newbs for fun :(

The game itself is freaking sweet though.

I bought this tonight since it's on sale for $10.

There seem to be a lot of servers (even in the wee hours of the morning), so that's good. My initial forays into the game where... bad. I sucked at it pretty bad :lol:. I got better toward the end though and I'll try it again this evening.

It was a bit laggy - both connection and performance. I need to tweak the config a bit and maybe find a better server. It seems a bit limited, but there also seems to be a few things to recommend it.

Has anyone been able to play with a free copy of the game? I can't find where to download it; the game's steam page doesn't look different at all for me, and none of the links in this thread work.

I got a trial from someone here a while back but there were only like 4 servers available and, as others have said, all the good dudes were just steamrolling newbs for fun :(

The game itself is freaking sweet though.

It's funny since this same description could be said for Tribes.

I just played a little more. Turned off 'Ambient Occlusion' (whatever that is) and solved my graphics lag. Noticed the 'Ping' column and solved my server lag issues.

It's pretty fun. I'm up to '2 gold chevrons', whatever that is. It's kind of like Tribes meets Descent.

There are a lot of servers.

Back