[TW Doctors] Mouth problems

dsw1

Veteran XV
Hay, so I went to sleep last night and woke up this morning not really being able to breathe, I checked in the mirror and it seems my Uvula has swollen to twice it's original size!

This isn't the first time it has happened, usually it happens when I eat noodles after I've had a load of booze (I'm a student), but this time I didn't have anything to drink (alcohol wise) or noodles before going to sleep.

Does anyone have an idea of what this could be?

I have tried sand paper and Giants but neither seemed to help, so anything else?

Cheers!

it's usually a sign of irritation & dehydration, both of which are exacerbated by drinking usually.

since it's not alcohol this time, do you happen to have any cold symptoms? sometimes if you're having a hard time breathing while sleeping thanks to fucked up sinuses/nose/etc you can get swollen back there

or you have sleep apnea and will be dead soon

Hay, so I went to sleep last night and woke up this morning not really being able to breathe, I checked in the mirror and it seems my Uvula has swollen to twice it's original size!

This isn't the first time it has happened, usually it happens when I eat noodles after I've had a load of booze (I'm a student), but this time I didn't have anything to drink (alcohol wise) or noodles before going to sleep.

Does anyone have an idea of what this could be?

I have tried sand paper and Giants but neither seemed to help, so anything else?

Cheers!

It probably means you were snoring and dehydrated it. The best thing to do is eat ice cream and it should go away in 12 hours or so. If it doesn't, go see a doctor.

I currently don't have any signs of a cold that I am aware of, so do you think it is worth getting it checked out by someone? At first I assumed it was some sort of allergy, but this time I haven't had anything that I did the previous few times.

If it is sleep apnea I just want to say :bye: and thanks for all the fish.

yea you snored like a motherfucker last night and it irritated the little dangly thing.

Happens to me a couple times a year. And its never associated with me getting sick.

Just some helacious snoring.

It could be apnea. I have mild apnea myself..but i don't think it is in and of itself a sign of apnea.

you may be having a mild allergic reaction to something you ate, breathed, or got bit by...

take 2 regular benadryl. Or snoring/apnea.

I'm fairly sure I snore so I think that is what it could be, so I may go see a doctor to perscribe something to stop me from snoring. So Ice cream and drinking lots of water will help? I'll get on with that ASAP! Breakfast will be fun.

Thanks for the advice guys, have some semi boobage (it's an old GIF but it's always good :D)
NWS
Spoiler

Last edited:
yeah, think of val's virgin eyes

also, if you have notoriously bad snoring issues, you can get a mouth guard appliance from your dentist that is quite successful for a lot of people

I'm fairly sure I snore so I think that is what it could be, so I may go see a doctor to perscribe something to stop me from snoring. So Ice cream and drinking lots of water will help? I'll get on with that ASAP! Breakfast will be fun.

Thanks for the advice guys, have some semi boobage (it's an old GIF but it's always good :D)

You're gonna get infracted for that. But yes ice cream.

I don't think there is much you can do medication wise about snoring.....

IF its apnea you can get one of those jet fighter masks that keep your airway open at night...Those work really well. If you have a habit of waking up after 7-8 hours of sleep and not feeling refreshed..these things really change all that. You'll get way better sleep in the same amount of time (If you can get used to the crazy jet fighter mask on your face making serious crazy noises).

Anyway if your young, sleep apnea is a nuisance. But once you start getting older and chubbier it starts to become a real hazard to your health. I was even watching mystery diagnosis one time and there was some fat middle aged black guy that kept having heart arrhythmias but without any signs of cardiac dz....

Turns out he was so apnic while sleeping that his brainstem functions would kick in when he ran out of O2 and send his heart into overdrive for a few minutes.

I couldn't care less if I get infracted, I mainly lurk anyway, but I'll shove on NWS just for other people who will bitch about it.

I'll see if the doc can advise anything, as I'd rather not have one opf those mask things, they are fucking retarded :disgust:, an being 20 as well, and in university, it's gonna be a total bitch when I bring ladys back from a night out.

I couldn't care less if I get infracted, I mainly lurk anyway, but I'll shove on NWS just for other people who will bitch about it.

I'll see if the doc can advise anything, as I'd rather not have one opf those mask things, they are fucking retarded :disgust:, an being 20 as well, and in university, it's gonna be a total bitch when I bring ladys back from a night out.

It's the image in a spoiler... they want you to make them NWS links because the image still downloads to peoples work computers and shit.

You can sex it up a bit, tell bitches it's knockout gas that you have to use otherwise you want to fuck all night.

Back