Order a Philly Cheese Steak with Spinach instead of Mushrooms

NoGodForMe

Contributor
Veteran XX
I don't know where the idea came from to put Mushrooms on a Philly Cheese Steak, but it's wrong. They must have been on drugs.

When you order a Philly Cheese steak, it will usually come with onion, peppers, and mushrooms, Minus the mushrooms and add Spinach.

Speak up and make the substitution. The restaurant won't charge you any more. But the sammich will be the bomb with spinach.

If enough people speak up, the menu will change. In Philly, they don't even put peppers and mushrooms on by default. It's just steak, cheese whiz, and onions, which is called a "Whiz Wit."

I think the stereotype of Popeye keep people away from Spinach, but it's the best topping on pizza and subs.

i don't think i'd ever turn away mushrooms/bell peppers on a cheese steak for spinach. that doesn't sound like it'd be better at all

Spinach on Pizza is fucking awesome! If you have never tried it do so.

I can't speak to the cheesesteak as I've never had one in my life.

pats and genos both suck. leave the tourists trap area and go here:
Dalessandro's Steaks and Hoagies

steak.gif

:hurry:

i don't know if you're serious but dandelion leaves are quite tasty
I'm serious. I used to spend summers in the Buffalo area and a restaurant there (John & Mary's) had a Steak & Dandelion sub. Steak, onions, cheese, and dandelion greens. I'd get a footlong anytime I went.

They don't have them on the menu anymore (I've seriously thought about getting some via FedEx), but it's known as "Steak & Grass" elsewhere in the area.

A lot of people dont like spinach because they were forced to eat shitty boiled and frozen bricks of spinach when they were kids. It turns to shit really fast when cooked like that.

Back