No more booze...

MaxxCarnage

Veteran XX
I actually got the DT's and other such wonderful things so bad I went to the ER because I didn't know WTF was going on and scared people at the local Mediterranean dining establishment.
I turn 23 next month.

Fngrbang junior?

Good luck with your bout on the wagon.

I am weaning myself off the stuff as well. I would have bet I would have some sort of DTs, but I haven't at all.

I guess I am just awesome that way.

Delirium tremens (colloquially, the DTs, "the shakes", "the horrors", ""the heebie geebies"","the fear", "the abdabs", "the jimjams", "jazz hands", or "the rats"; afflicted individuals referred to as "jitterbugs" in 1930s Harlem slang; literally, "shaking delirium" or "'trembling madness" in Latin) is an acute episode of delirium that is usually caused by withdrawal from alcohol, first described in 1813.[1][2] Benzodiazepines are the treatment of choice for delirium tremens.[3]

FpVWRVaqpgh2au36G6LL0pBvo1_400.png

i pity you.

if all the people on this forum you have one of the least enviable lives by far. and thats saying something.

It amazes me how many people have zero self control.

only thing I've ever even come close to being addicted to was tribes...

As sad as that sounds I'm glad I don't know what the urge to drink or smoke feels like. Really, outside of social situations i find it disgusting, and I think it must be genetic because my father is the same way, while my brother and grandfather are complete opposites.

both my parents are recovered alcoholics and drug addicts so they keep telling me I have the genes. I can get completely sloshed at a party and then not feel any desire to drink for months if I have no excuse to. Same with smoking. I'll have a few and then I dont want anymore for ages. Just simple self control imo.

Delirium tremens (colloquially, the DTs, "the shakes", "the horrors", ""the heebie geebies"","the fear", "the abdabs", "the jimjams", "jazz hands", or "the rats"; afflicted individuals referred to as "jitterbugs" in 1930s Harlem slang; literally, "shaking delirium" or "'trembling madness" in Latin) is an acute episode of delirium that is usually caused by withdrawal from alcohol, first described in 1813.[1][2] Benzodiazepines are the treatment of choice for delirium tremens.[3]
i'm pretty sure getting the "jazz hands" means you have an acute case of the faggots

both my parents are recovered alcoholics and drug addicts so they keep telling me I have the genes. I can get completely sloshed at a party and then not feel any desire to drink for months if I have no excuse to. Same with smoking. I'll have a few and then I dont want anymore for ages. Just simple self control imo.

stability of self-control is believed by some to be exclusively by genetic factors. I'd say its 60/40 but in your case you put a conceded effort towards it because of your environment.

if all the people on this forum you have one of the least enviable lives by far. and thats saying something.

If I had to choose between Maxx Carnage's life or Dweasel/Tehvul's, I'd give my right nut to get Maxx's life.

If you got legitimate DTs at 23 then you have a real fucking problem. Enjoy a lifetime of AA meetings, I guess. You aren't even be old enough to should have been able to expose yourself to alcohol that regularly and heavily.

Back