do old people in your state have to retest for their drivers licence?

Ontario.

Old people never get retested unless they get in an accident.

Yes, it is a scary place to drive. You're constantly swerving out of the way of people who refuse to check their blind spots before changing lanes, or dodging people who slam on their brakes at the last second due to slowed reflexes.

My grandpa took the test and passed every time right up until we took the keys away from him because he crashed into another car and kept driving to the gym where we found him on an exercise bike. He had no idea what had happened. He nearly totaled both his and the other car.

Testing doesn't do shit.

Ontario.

Old people never get retested unless they get in an accident.

Yes, it is a scary place to drive. You're constantly swerving out of the way of people who refuse to check their blind spots before changing lanes, or dodging people who slam on their brakes at the last second due to slowed reflexes.

:signed:

Fucking old people driving in Ontario is ridiculous, I've nearly died more times than I can count because of them.

One thing I can say about Europe is that because their public transportation system is so stable and healthy, you rarely (if ever) see someone older than 50 driving a car.

It's glorious.

nope

my formerly delusional aunt (now deceased) drove around for hours at a time without any memory of what she was doing

Guy at work was hit on his motorcycle by a 95 year old woman that ran a red light. His knee basically exploded and he was in the hospital for two months.

We do not require testing other than a crap/wrothless vision test every 5 years or so in WA.

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/driver/senior/renewal80.shtml said:
Once you reach 80 years of age, your driver's licence will be renewed every 2 years instead of every 5 years. You will have to go through a different process to renew your licence.

To renew your licence you will have to attend a driver's licence renewal session with other senior drivers. At this session, you will:

* Have your vision tested — to learn more, go to the vision section below
* Take a multiple-choice test on traffic rules and signs — to learn more, go to the test section below.
* Participate in a group education session — a ministry counsellor will teach a small group of seniors about how aging affects driving, tips on driving and new traffic laws (lasts about 90 minutes) — to learn more, go to the group education section below.

arizona actually makes it so their drivers licenses dont expire for like 40 some odd years to encourage old people to live there and boost their economy

Back