Which defrag program do you use?

SegaRob

Veteran X
Or do you not use one at all? I haven't used one in years and my PC might be due for one. Is it even necessary anymore with newer systems?

O&O Defrag 10 Professional is being given away for free today and I'm wondering if it's even worth downloading / using.

Last edited:
I was going to go into a diatribe about seek time but

short answer: you don't need to defrag unless it is hdvideo

i barely defrag because i just reformat. reformatting is pretty easy now with how big HD space has become.

just pick a weekend where u got a free 2-3 hrs or when ur gonna be at home watching football and just reformat dude

i barely defrag because i just reformat. reformatting is pretty easy now with how big HD space has become.

just pick a weekend where u got a free 2-3 hrs or when ur gonna be at home watching football and just reformat dude

isn't it a pain to backup all the files and re-install all your programs? it'd be like a whole day job. :-/

Snow Leopard. :p:

But when I was running Windows? The included disk defragger in Windows. I tried using third-party defraggers a few times, but never really saw any performance difference. I guess if you're OCD it might be worth it, but I just never really saw the point of paying money for a defragger when the included one seemed to do just fine.

Snow Leopard. :p:

But when I was running Windows? The included disk defragger in Windows. I tried using third-party defraggers a few times, but never really saw any performance difference. I guess if you're OCD it might be worth it, but I just never really saw the point of paying money for a defragger when the included one seemed to do just fine.

some third-party defraggers are free.

Ok. Fair enough. How's this then? Why would I spend time downloading and installing a third-party defragger when the included Window defrag tool works just fine?

Shrug, maybe the third-party ones are faster, do a better job. I assume people wouldn't make them or buy them if there was no room for improvement over the standard MS defragger.

Back