Ps3 and the EXTERNAL HD

Veloccity

Veteran XV
Ok trying to hook up an external HD to my ps3. Now I did some online research and I found that it has to be formatted to fat32. I attempt to do this on my brand new toshiba but it only has exFAT.. what is that?? PS3 doesn't seem to recognize it? any suggestions besides buying a xbox

For the external I have hooked up to my 360 I had to end up using HFS+, which is ironic considering it was created by apple.

well i did the command prompt thing. and that seems to be working.. will take forever though... now i JUST NEed a program to get around DRM

Haha yeah I just fully formatted an external yesterday. Took like 5 hours. Actually it took about twice that, since I wasn't paying attention and my laptop ran out of batteries before it finished.

the whole point of this external Drive is to hook it up to my PS3 so I can watch all my AMAZON VOD shit. But DRM has quickly stopped that. I'm currently downloading a program to strip DRM and it seems to be working great. Pay for this shit I should be able to watch it wherever I want!

what format did the Wii external need to be? I remember it being somthing I never heard of, and was unable to format as. I need to lok into it further since I'm doing USB loader

ps3 media server is awesome. I just wish that the new ps3 slim came with wireless n, since streaming Bluray rips is impossible to do at full quality over wireless g bandwidth.

Yeah, it's pretty much impossible to stream 1080p over wireless, that's why I said fuckit and ran a cable. Works awesome now.

Back