[Anime LOL] Recommend me

Zlex

Veteran XX
So, I haven't watched anime in a while until recently. My old roommates used to watch it, and I would watch it with them. I've seen a lot with them, and I've watched quite a bit on my own because they would dump all their anime onto my external HDD, but I really don't know shit about what else is out there. There seems to be a whole crapload of it, and I don't know where to start.

I've seen:

* Afro Samurai
* Berserk
* Black Lagoon
* Blue Gender
* Claymore
* Code Geass
* Elfen Lied
* Fate/stay Night
* Full Metal Alchemist
* Full Metal Panic!
* Gungrave
* Gundam (One of them?)
* Outlaw Star
* RahXephon
* Samurai Champloo
* Trinity Blood
* Vandread
* Vampire Hunter D
* Wolf's Rain

I really liked most of the ones I've seen.

Watch a whole bunch of anime. Then watch Gintama. It gets funnier the more you get exposed to anime.

Last edited:
"full metal alchemist: brotherhood" is being released right now. currently on ep 34 i think. really great show.

No Cowboy Bebop on that list?

:disgust:

Sorry, I haven't watched an anime in ages. I'm out of the loop.

I guess if you liked RahXephon, check out Neon Genesis Evangelion. It's very much of the same vein.

Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (1st and 2nd gig)
Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu (prepare for something completely different)
Full Metal Panis: The Second Raid
Serial Experiments Lain
Strawberry Panic
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
5 Centimeters Per Second
Ergo Proxy (gets a little weaker as the series progresses, but I liked it)

There's some more, definitely, but that should get you started.

Ching Ching Small Dong lol

it starts with A? also ++cowboy bebop = my fav very good its like a classic anime (least to all my white friends)

edit: also try Big O, I really like the style of it. Its a got mechas (the big robo things) but it isnt just about that

Crest of the Stars is interesting
Ai Yori Aoshi if you really wanna be a super anime nerd(anime love story, probably for asian schoolgirls)

Now and then, Here and there - Definitely one of the best animes I've ever. Its only 13 episodes, with not one second of filler.
Neon Genesis Evangelion - This should be on everyone's list of watched animes.
Death Note - Pretty great mystery/detective style anime. Its definitely up there in terms of raw quality.
Noir - Oldie and lots of mindless action. I found it to be a pretty fun ride, but its probably an acquired taste. Nevertheless, its the anime that first got me into anime.

I watched much more anime than this, but these four (and some that you already mentioned) are unquestionably at the top.

Also, I watched all this with Japanese Dub/English Subs. I can't speak for english dubbed anime.

Last edited:
handschatter.jpg

Back