Tomorrow i lose my girl :(

Goshin

GriftKing
Veteran XX
Day has finally come. After a few months of slowly declining health, the family is putting down our 12.5 year old english white lab. Beautiful dog. I've got her immortalized on the wine i buy (11 bottles left!) so thats nice.
This is the one that 2 years ago or so had her foot all messed up and almost lost it, then last year had a cantaloped sized tumor on her spleen. Now she has a tumor 6inx4in growing on her bladder that has made her stomach area way big and gross looking. Skin is real tight and hot there all the time.

anyway, shes sick and tomorrow shes getting to rest. Been a really good dog. Used to cliff jump with me! Never did get to take her to the beach...

worst part: i'm 1000 miles away. I wanted to be there for her. damn.

:( sorry

I always said if I got 10 good year's out of my dog I would be happy.. I think I am rethinking that now :(

You didn't by chance feed her this:

old_yeller_dog_food.jpg

ha nah. Shes just got the cancers i guess

got rid of her spleen, healed the foot, but we thought (rightly) that surgery to remove this last tumor would probably mean she didnt wake up

mom is feeding her lots of treats today/tonight and its cold and oddly snowy in austin today. Its surreal, if dogs cared.

gz, got her when i was entering 6th grade, and she has been a sweetheard all her life. Plus i'm a sentimental sap

sorry man :(

it's better this way than finding them on the side of the road :( girlfriend's dog escaped and got hit by a car at 7 months of age. sucks to lose a dog either way though sorry to hear that.

ha nah. Shes just got the cancers i guess

got rid of her spleen, healed the foot, but we thought (rightly) that surgery to remove this last tumor would probably mean she didnt wake up

mom is feeding her lots of treats today/tonight and its cold and oddly snowy in austin today. Its surreal, if dogs cared.

gz, got her when i was entering 6th grade, and she has been a sweetheard all her life. Plus i'm a sentimental sap

Sucks to hear, man. I have my first dog buried in Creedmore. About 50 miles from Austin. Buried her under a big tree on a friends farm. :(

my first dog is buried out on a ranch owned by the vet we go to. He's gonna put this one there too. They were buddies for a few years before the older one passed on.

i'll populated his ranch with my dead animals for another 60 years
not sure where it is though.

Originally i wanted to put her in the backyard, cuz we had a maple planted the same year we got her, and i wanted to bury her there.

then a fucking squirrel killed the tree
and now i hate squirrels.

What's cliff jumping?

And sorry to hear. My cousin just put down the dog she's had for 9 yrs. Found him in the dumpster one night when taking out the trash.

I had a yellow lab that finally fell apart after I moved from New Orleans to Reno... my mom was taking care of him... having someone else put your dog down is big, fat, total suck.

Sorry bro :(

Back