[XBOX 360] Hard drive size

Other than the obvious doubling of storage (120Gb 'v' 250Gb) any other reason to pay the $100 more for one unit over the other. Don't you have to have the game cd/dvd loaded in the machine to play it anyway?

Looking at this as my gift to myself for my christmas/birthday.

no difference other than size

the 20gb 360 used to not have hdmi support, but they all do now.. even the $199 arcade

i still have an old 20. it does have hdmi...

but really there isn't much use for more than say 40 gigs, and 20 gigs is absolutely fine for me except that sometimes i wish I could install about 4 games at a time instead of just one.

I could definitely tell a difference in load times after installing in Lost Odyssey. Haven't tried it in any other games yet though.

XBL offers a lot of full games for download, no disc needed. Having a larger drive would certainly make that a more viable option.

Far as I know they come in 2 versions now, 120Gb and 250Gb, the 250 is a hundred $$ more and it sounds like it doesn't really add to anything.

installing games to the disk does not speed up loading times. allit does is save the wear and tear on your dvd drive. which is smart cause they are known for shitting out.

installing games to the disk does not speed up loading times. allit does is save the wear and tear on your dvd drive. which is smart cause they are known for shitting out.

Which is the entire point, that and no noise from the drive either.

installing to HDD makes the unit quieter, which is worth it alone. 60 gig would be perfect to have several games install and still have space for saves, arcade, etc...

*edit*
always to slow...

Not on all games...hell, it makes Halo 3 take LONGER. However, some games it does improve. Modern Warfare 2 for example...I found my load times dropped quite a bit. Same with Mass Effect.

Ontop of that, no more "whirrrr" of the DVD drive. No scratched discs either.

Back