Do you believe in ghosts?

somespareid

Veteran XV
I am very skeptical about the whole ghost thing, but I had a weird experience last night.

Basically, I'm lying there drifting off to sleep, and I hear something fall to the floor on the other side of my bedroom. It seems a little odd, but I guess that maybe something was loose and fell down, even though my room is tidy and I haven't touched anything in a while.

So I lie down again, and soon enough I hear something else fall down. I turn my light on and investigate, and I can't see anything on the floor, nor can I see anything loose or ready to fall down. I think that maybe my cat is hiding in the cupboard, but he's nowhere to be seen. So I assume that maybe something was loose, and it's fallen down somewhere out of sight.

So I try to get to sleep once again, and I hear something else fall to the ground. I turn my light on again, and everything is exactly as it was when I last turned the light on. What the fuck?

I have a little adrenaline rushing right now, as this is weird as hell, but I try to sleep anyway. I'm slowly drifting off, and I hear what sounds like footsteps on the other side of my room. At this point, I am getting quite concerned. So I turn the light on and just watch, for ages, the other side of my room, and I can't see or hear anything. Eventually I managed to get to sleep.

I don't know what was going on, but it was weird as fuck. Have any of you ever experienced anything like this? Or even seen a ghost?

Cliffs:
  • I heard strange noises in my room last night.
  • It was probably nothing, but it has concerned me.
  • Have you ever encountered a ghost?

Last edited:
i hear doors open and close, weird banging all night long.
the house i'm in is 150+ years old. it settles and creaks and groans and bangs

short answer- no, and if you do you're retarded

maybe you left your speakers on and it was playing a quiet movie with loud parts... I've done that before and wondered who the fuck is talking and what was that bump.

Oh and no, never seen a ghost. :(

do you live in a house? apartment? brick walls or hollow wood+plaster+spit walls?

could be just rodents. I once stayed in a bungalow and spent 3 hours hunting something that was clearly scurrying and nibbling until I realized that it's under the fucking floor.

weird things have happened at my moms house. also i use to hear this tapping noise in my room. I could never distinguish exactly where it was coming from. i sounded like it was coming from everywhere in the room. Also when i would hear it i would be laying down and as soon as i sat up it would stop. Then when i laid down again after a min or so it would start again.

I layed down to go to sleep one time and had a figure staring at me about a foot away.

Funny thing is that my dog started barking like crazy at it.

I've never believed in ghosts, but I have had a number of things happen to me that makes me question

I layed down to go to sleep one time and had a figure staring at me about a foot away.

Funny thing is that my dog started barking like crazy at it.

I've never believed in ghosts, but I have had a number of things happen to me that makes me question

that was just the insomnia from the withdrawals bro

nah man if science can't prove it then it's not real

one day if science finds a way to prove it, then it becomes real

but not before then

i was driving along the backroads in the mountains one night with some friends - it was kind of foggy out - went around a banked turn and i slammed on the brakes because there was a figure standing the middle of the road carrying a pail. as i slowed down, the figure morphed into the two yellow lines in the middle of the road...i looked over at my friend and said 'uhhhh' and she said 'the guy that just morphed into the two yellow lines??' it was weird.......sounds cliche, but he was all white / kind of mixed in the with the fog....it was was freaky.

i was driving along the backroads in the mountains one night with some friends - it was kind of foggy out - went around a banked turn and i slammed on the brakes because there was a figure standing the middle of the road carrying a pail. as i slowed down, the figure morphed into the two yellow lines in the middle of the road...i looked over at my friend and said 'uhhhh' and she said 'the guy that just morphed into the two yellow lines??' it was weird.......sounds cliche, but he was all white / kind of mixed in the with the fog....it was was freaky.

did you tell this story on here before? it sounds very familiar

The figure happened before I started going drugs.

I've also had the tv turn on at like 2 in the morn. With the volume up all the way.

That happened about a year ago.

And my gfs cousins had been playing a ouija board and left it in front of the tv.

Now I don't believe in ghosts but that freaked me out. I through their ouija board in the dumpster.

did you tell this story on here before? it sounds very familiar

yes, i tell it in every ghost thread that comes up, just because i don't really believe in ghosts, but this did happen to me...and was experienced by someone other than me. no way to explain it really...maybe an optical illusion or something, but really i have no idea.

I think a lot of ghost stories can be attributed to anthropomorphism and/or the desire for an afterlife. But I'd like it to be true.

And, philosophically speaking, it's not a far stretch of the imagination. For example, I am aware that my mind exists, but I have no evidence whatsoever that other minds exist. Other people could simply be figments of an imaginary world I inhabit.

Anyway, back to reality. :bigthumb:

Back