Why do we still have fire drills as adults?

Fool

Whiny Bitch
Veteran XX
Don't people know how to exit a building? Isn't the whole purpose of a fire alarm to make one assume there's a fire and not immediately think it's just another drill?

So that there is less of a panic if it were to really happen. People always panic. If it is practiced, people will be less likely to go batshit insane.

So everyone knows which exits to go out of, and so it becomes routine

It's idiots like you that will all rush out of one exit, trampling people to death trying to save yourself.

Selfish fucking hillbilly

So that there is less of a panic if it were to really happen. People always panic. If it is practiced, people will be less likely to go batshit insane.

Yes but the result is also people who don't leave their office because they think it's another drill which in turn puts them in danger.

it's more about testing the fire drill system. it would be worse if people got used to not leaving the building when it's a drill.

The worst was at the dorms 2 years ago. About once every 2 weeks someone would set off the fire alarm at 3 in the morning. Usually it would be a dumb cunt spraying hair spray or something equally stupid.

Well you train for something so that when it happens you don't really have to think about it. You know where to go and what to do. So, when its the real thing and there is smoke everywhere and or you can see flames, people don't just go completely retarded. They'll revert back to their training.

Its the same reason why training is so important for law enforcement and the military.

I can tell you from experience, the average member of the public is too stupid to react appropriately to fire alarms. My library has an alarm (false, but not a planned drill) go off probably once every 2-3 months, and there are always a dozen idiots on their laptops who refuse to leave for fear of losing their wifi signal :rolleyes:

I won't worry about fire drills as long as I am hourly, because I'm getting paid to walk my ass outside and stand there for 20 minutes.

Back