Mass Effect 2 to be as shitty as the first

Durak

Veteran XV
Mass Effect 2 is going to set new standards for a role playing action game. GamingBolt.com: PS3, PSP, Xbox 360, DS, Wii, Video Games, News , Forums, Community and much more!

no mention of what really made ME1 shitty which was the the cookie cutter mid-game planet hopping.

and claiming the combat was the best strength from the first game ... :lol: they're shitting me right?

why did so many people like me1? it had a few good moments including the graphics and speech, but the rest was worse than eating a turd sandwich

i thought mass effect one was mildly entertaining :shrug:

i at least put in the effort to beat it, most RPGs i try dont even make it past the first 1.5 hours

ME1 was one of the best RPGs to come out in the last 10 years, and one of the best Sci-Fi settings ever made.

I don't know, I liked the first one, as long as they increase the number of weapons and make the game longer it will be worth purchasing.

ME1 was one of the best RPGs to come out in the last 10 years, and one of the best Sci-Fi settings ever made.

so you liked the part where 50% of the game was spent playing the same mission over and over except different textures?

I enjoyed ME1 - great respite from life. I agree that some of the side missions were often tedious, but overall, it was worth the buy.

Multiplayer games are fun, but sometimes you just wanna do shit alone. ME1 satisfied that craving for me. Not happy that it falls under the EA umbrella now though - I hate those corporate bastards (due to the money crunching shit they pull w/ sports games)

Didn't mind the story in ME1, nor the combat.

The side missions were abysmal though. After a few samey missions around samey planets I couldn't be arsed. And don't even get me started on that useless pos vehicle you had to drive around. Hopefully they fix up the physics this time.

Apparently they're fixing the lifts too so you aren't stuck in endless loading sections.

agree with the setting and overall sci-fi mood being awesome

the inventory / item system was pointless and honestly the rpg-character elements of it were pretty pointless. i mean, could you really customize your team, or did you basically just pick from a couple of slightly different options? big lizard guy was tank, blue alien girl was ranged "spells" etc. items were pointless, every now and then you would find a new sniper gun mk5, then mk6, then mk7, etc. same with armor and all the other things.

anyway, overall if you play the game, ignore 80% of the character/item customization, and skip the planet filler, it really is a great game. i really loved the main city/space station setting and its characters, that made the game in itself

ME1 was a decent play-through. Once you realised the side missions were repetitive grind, why did you bother with them?

I certainly didn't.

I thought it was a decent game, the worst thing about it was the shit interface. Seriously whoever was in charge of the interface should have been handed his walking papers.

agree with the setting and overall sci-fi mood being awesome

the inventory / item system was pointless and honestly the rpg-character elements of it were pretty pointless. i mean, could you really customize your team, or did you basically just pick from a couple of slightly different options? big lizard guy was tank, blue alien girl was ranged "spells" etc. items were pointless, every now and then you would find a new sniper gun mk5, then mk6, then mk7, etc. same with armor and all the other things.

anyway, overall if you play the game, ignore 80% of the character/item customization, and skip the planet filler, it really is a great game. i really loved the main city/space station setting and its characters, that made the game in itself

actually the weapon customization system was superb. i had a character that had a sniper rifle that was basically a extremely long range and highly accurate grenade launcher. i had a shotgun that would make anyone it hits moves super slow. i had a automatic rifle on a guy that would firew insanely fast yet never ever overheat.

yea there were only 4 types of weapons, but those weapons led to a very large number of possibilities.

the character customization however, i will agree with you on since very rarely did enemies who poison or things like that present a threat.

I liked ME1. Of course I completely ignored the side missions once I realized they were all just the same 2 or 3 areas. Just slap the biggest gun\armor with the biggest number on on (I'm fond of vanguard. Jedi with a shotgun gooooooooo.) and have fun. Dunno what you guys are bitching about, the game practically didn't want you to do the side missions.

ME1 was one of the few games i've actually bothered completing in the past few years, other games completed including HL2, fable 1, the oblivion expansion (manic/depress one), and fable 2. i really don't know why games appeal to me that others hate, and then i pretty much don't give a flying fuck about anything they enjoy

Back