How many networked devices do you have and use?

Beren

TribalWar Aussie
Veteran XX
Mate of mine has bought the place behind mine, and I am giving him access to the net through my wireless and he was shocked with how many networked devices I had. He knew I was a nerd (he is too, but not computer nerd so much, video editing nerd. He makes ads for TV) but he was still surprised. I don't think I am that odd, so what ya got?

My Desktop
My Laptop
Wife's Laptop
Network Storage
Wii
Touch
2 Airport expresses for streaming music (one in lounge room, one in kitchen)
2 Diff wireless networks (1 access point, 1 from ADSL modem. N for my stuff, and a non-n for crappy hardware like Wii and my laptop which is old).

I use them all the time. I obviously have a few old pcs stashed in the wardrobe that aren't plugged in etc. But not counting that crap.

My Desktop
My Laptop
Gf's laptop
Wii
PS3
Hava Platinum HD (HD video recording device thing that i use to record my 360 awesomeness)
WRTG54GL (hacked bridging for the HAVA and PS3 and my original xbox if i ever hook it up)
WRT55AG (which sucks but i use a for my laptop and for my 360 streaming due to other wireless interference)
WRT54G2 (BG for the gfs laptop and other random wireless devices. :|

And the 55AG is ONLY doing A because if you try to do anything else on that piece of shit it crashes every 45 minutes and needs to be rebooted.

ADSL2++. I am hoping to switch to naked adsl before the fibre rollout that is happening in my state hits my street. Which is probably 12-18months away. So hoping to get naked soon. But that won't be any faster, but great not to have a line rental. It does the job.

2 laptops
dvr (dunno if you really count this one)

going to add a desktop to the main tv as a media device and a 2nd router that will be bridged (both which i have lying around, and mostly because i can and i'm bored)

have an iphone too, but have never felt the need to use wifi with it

is it that much faster than 3g?

2 Desktops
2 Laptops
1 Netbook
1 Server
1 Media Center
1 HDTV
1 Blue-Ray
1 Wii
1 N - Access point
1 G - Router
1 Zune HD

2 desktops
vonage box
Acer Aspire Revo running Ubuntu+XBMC as my HD HTPC
2x original xboxes as standard def HTPCs
xbox 360
iPhone on wifi

all on a gigabit switch uplinked to my WRT54GS running Tomato/MLPPP, linked to my ST516 adsl2+ modem

2 main desktops
1 desktop as a file server/seed box
1 HTPC that also seeds that's ethernet->WRT54GL running DD-WRT that's wirelessly bridged to the main router, a Buffalo WHR-G54S(also running DD-WRT)
Wife's laptop
my work laptop
Son's laptop
Daughters laptop
DS
2 PSP's
2 Zune's
Ipod Touch
Wii wireless->secondary Buffalo WHR-G4S running DD-WRT that's bridged to the main router
Xbox 360 that's ethernet->secondary Buffalo WHR-G54S
Lexmark X6675 Wireless printer

I let my neighbor wirelessly connect her laptop to my wrt54gl also

All running off my FIOS 20/5 connection

Last edited:
My Computer
Wife's Computer
Kids Computer
Old Server I use for pics
DVR
Hyperdog Digital VoIP
Asus Netbook
2 Nintendo DS
HTC Touch Pro
Sansa MP3 Player
Linksys Music Bridge

Tied together on a WRT54G Running DDWRT Micro on AT&T 3mb DSL.

Back