rottentomatoes is a joke of a site

RT was only worth two minutes of my time, seven years ago. Never been back.

Rotten Tomatoes is the best site for movies on the internet.

pathetic humans.

no but seriously RT is the shit. go watch your Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle

It depends on the type of movie, it is a great site in terms of getting an idea of what the critics thought of a movie. Critics are uppity douche bags when it comes to certain types of movies though.

metacritic does a similar thing for movies (and other media), but seems to be more accurate, or, more in line with my opinions on shit. though neither site is perfect

I'm almost certain it's based on an objective set of criteria ie.

> 50% score = fresh

< 49% Score = rotten.

ROTTEN TOMATOES: FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

well there is nothing on the site that suggests that, but instead they explicitly state that they rate "good" reviews as fresh. so it's certainly subjective.

if the reviewer didn't include a score, is it fair to say that it's either a 0% or 100%? And for the reviews with a score, wouldn't it be more fair to give proportional ratings so that a 6/10 stars is 60% and not 100%?

well there is nothing on the site that suggests that, but instead they explicitly state that they rate "good" reviews as fresh. so it's certainly subjective.

if the reviewer didn't include a score, is it fair to say that it's either a 0% or 100%? And for the reviews with a score, wouldn't it be more fair to give proportional ratings so that a 6/10 stars is 60% and not 100%?

The % they give is an average of of fresh vs rotten, not an overall average of the movies review numbers. The average rating is listed on the site as well, but in a different spot.

Back