[Netbook] I installed Jolicloud

meh...
south-park-sur-la-table.jpg

I'm interested in this. I bought a netbook a while back and have been displeased with performance. Can it run Microsoft office? I know jack shit about non windows OS.

You could install WINE to use windows programs, but OpenOffice does everything you need - and saves in windows formats.

You could install WINE to use windows programs, but OpenOffice does everything you need - and saves in windows formats.

Does OpenOffice or the WINE setup handle it perfectly? I use my netbook to edit work documents with tons of Office 2007 formatting and macros which in my experience tend to get fucked up for no reason. I can only imagine it gets worse if you change OS.

I'm interested in this. I bought a netbook a while back and have been displeased with performance. Can it run Microsoft office? I know jack shit about non windows OS.

They are for surfing the web, hence 'netbook'.

They are for surfing the web, hence 'netbook'.

:shrug: I need to do work shit at home. Even though my netbook is slow, I can still manage my Office stuff. Word, Excel, Visio, Infopath. If I could do it a bit better or faster, that would be outstanding.

Does OpenOffice or the WINE setup handle it perfectly? I use my netbook to edit work documents with tons of Office 2007 formatting and macros which in my experience tend to get fucked up for no reason. I can only imagine it gets worse if you change OS.

I haven't used it enough to answer this. It works good enough with my limited use (openoffice). I have not used WINE yet, simply because I have not had the need.

as long as you're not using docx files (that is the new proprietary xml formatted office documents that 2007 produces open office will work just fine, use the 2003 file format for saving.

and there is no "visio" that you can use really.

Does Infopath still work? I have to do a bunch of shit with infopath to set up forms for sharepoint.

Looks cool but I don't have an always-on connection. I have to use my cell phone's data for connectivity.
Oh, well. Maybe in the future.

:shrug: I need to do work shit at home. Even though my netbook is slow, I can still manage my Office stuff. Word, Excel, Visio, Infopath. If I could do it a bit better or faster, that would be outstanding.

Buy a real laptop... that will do things faster. Otherwise suck it up.

Back