Are there any good CD-burning *services* like Adaptec EasyCD that I can get?

Skyler

Contributor
Veteran XV
I just spent about 20 minutes on sourceforge looking for some kind of software that will mount the CD-ROM as a volume that you can just drag and drop and burn to, a lot like Adaptec EasyCD Creator. I need it to run on Windows 2000.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Uhm, windows has an intergrated burning service since xp? Just drag'n'drop your files to the volume and it should show up.

[strike]I failed to mention I am not on my home computer running Windows XP/Vista. This is a Windows 2000 machine belonging to one of my clients.[/strike]

Romeo CD/DVD burner is good for dragging and dropping into Romeo. :) Looks good, too!

However, what I am looking for is some kind of emulator that makes Windows think that the CD volume is actually a mounted volume that can be directly written to like a mounted volume.

Say I want to backup Quicken, and select the CD-RW as the backup device, and hit OK, then the program will do all the work instead of Windows telling me the volume cannot be accessed. This is what Adaptec EasyCD Creator used to do (run in the background as a mount-emulation-service-thing), but for some reason they stopped supporting it...Probably because Microsoft beat them at their own game.

Back