[SWG] People might lose their chars forever.

Reggs

Veteran XX
Star Wars Galaxies Servers Closing - Star Wars Galaxies - Kotaku

Every char on these servers will be deleted unless you transfer(for free).

Sony Online Entertainment (SOE) will close the following 12 Star Wars Galaxies servers:

o Corbantis
o Europe-Infinity
o Intrepid
o Kauri
o Kettemoor
o Lowca
o Naritus
o Scylla
o Tarquinas
o Tempest
o Valcyn
o Wanderhome

Just a heads up for anyone thinking about playing again.

Star Wars Galaxies Servers Closing - Star Wars Galaxies - Kotaku

Got to love how Eve does it. One persistent world that never changes. I haven't played in a couple of years and might start up again soon and my char is still in one piece.

Got to love how Eve does it. One persistent world that never changes. I haven't played in a couple of years and might start up again soon and my char is still in one piece.
yep, i thought this was what mmo's were supposed to be all about, a persistent world

not 50 different persistent worlds

I think several of the TW players started on Corbantis at launch. I probably have a few characters there.

But I really don't care what happens to them.

i got an email last year from SOE saying that they moved all my houses into my datapad after 4 years of them sitting there. i think i had like 300mil+ rent on every single house.

i played ahazi so my gay ass jedi is fine. Even if they deleted him i wouldnt care, they fucked that game up royally.

SWG was awesome for the first month or two

It was summer between highschool years, and I remember playing it like 8 hours/day for a couple weeks straight

back when it was all fresh and brand new, nobody had any idea what was going on, and everything was unknown

what a blast

I'd pay tons of cash to have that kind of game back

Ya, I had a couple of characters on Bloodfin. SOE really fucked the game up with the CU and then the NGE!!!!!

I think one of the things that was so appealing about the game was its level of complexity and many different variations of professions available... not the dumbed down shit you see in today's mmo's.

i have a char on kettemoor with a couple billion in items but i really don't give a shit if it gets deleted

I was one of the most populated servers, no idea what it was called

I didn't even care to go out fighting shit, I just got rich as fuck buying/selling and then crafting houses.. pretty sure I was the first on the server to start selling houses

a week and a half after the game's release I was buying suits of armor off some nerd who was grinding armor crafting.. paid 25,000 credits/pop for them (that was a hell of a lot of money shortly after the game's release), turned around and sold them for 35,000

when I think back, I could've sold my character for hundreds a month after release

While I am kind of bummed that my old toon will be wiped, even the trivial 15 bucks to reactivate is more money than I'll ever waste again on that shit heap. Fuck them for ruining a great game.

It was pretty eerie when they gave me a free month last year...I went and checked out all the old player cities and stuff, all pretty much ghost towns with no one to be seen.

Last edited:
always wanted to play this game, from what everyone said it was amazing for the first few months, sucks I never got to check it out in its prime

Wow, what a shitty thing for a mmo dev to do. I'm assuming you have to reactivate your account to do the free move?

Back