[NFL] Rules are killing the NFL

WarBuddha

Contributor
Veteran XX
Between not being allowed to tackle the QB and these "catches" that aren't catches I don't know what to expect next. No wedges on kickoffs, pushing guys out of bounds in the air, etc. Can't wait till were playing glorified two hand touch.

Im sure it will be flag football in the near future.

Really any tackle taken wrongly can ruin someones career - Better safe then sorry!

That was absolutely the worst call I have ever seen in the NFL.

I hate the raiders, but that was fucking retarded!

Someone explain the Raiders call - not near a TV at the moment.

The calls during the Bills games were BS. I understand needing to protect the QB, but calling "Roughing the Passer" on a damn sack is horrible.

The calls during the Bills games were BS. I understand needing to protect the QB, but calling "Roughing the Passer" on a damn sack is horrible.
...You mean the one where he wrapped Edwards up, continued hanging onto him for several seconds after all the whistles, then completely unnecessarily slammed him down hard on his arm?

That kind of shit creates stupid injuries, not incidental play injuries

Look they called roughing becuase he spun him around AFTER the whistle had blown. Basically the play was over and then he threw him to the ground. I watched it several times on TiVO and it is clear that he could have avoided doing that.

The Raiders call however was fucking disgusting. Reciever catches the ball... gets both feet down. Maintains possesion of the ball up against his chest even after his knee touched the ground and when the ball hit the ground, between his hand and his chest it moved. NO Catch. WTF!!!!

...You mean the one where he wrapped Edwards up, continued hanging onto him for several seconds after all the whistles, then completely unnecessarily slammed him down hard on his arm?

That kind of shit creates stupid injuries, not incidental play injuries

What about the one where Edwards was in his own end zone, the defender dove at him to try for the safety, and Edwards just threw it away (while the defender was already diving at him)?

Back