orbital was right

trailzzz

Veteran XX
Maybe you could be a good writer – maybe even good enough to write a book or articles in a newspaper – but you might not know it until you write a paper for your English class. Maybe you could be an innovator or an inventor – maybe even good enough to come up with the next iPhone or a new medicine or vaccine – but you might not know it until you do a project for your science class. Maybe you could be a mayor or a Senator or a Supreme Court Justice, but you might not know that until you join student government or the debate team.

aren't there more important things to worry about other than the president telling the kids that their future is up to them?

you people are trying too hard. stick to the issues that are legitimately controversial.

No one’s born being good at things, you become good at things through hard work. You’re not a varsity athlete the first time you play a new sport. You don’t hit every note the first time you sing a song. You’ve got to practice. It’s the same with your schoolwork. You might have to do a math problem a few times before you get it right, or read something a few times before you understand it, or do a few drafts of a paper before it’s good enough to hand in.

that for ab

WASH YOUR HANDS.

The speech was changed once he knew people were going to read it.

Umm...was there ever a chance people were not going to read it? There are whole teams of people working for the news groups, other political parties, analysts, etc., who read and analyze ever single thing a president says. There was NEVER a chance people were not going to read. it.

just read it.

i personally would have changed all this 'what you can do for your country' to something more along the lines of what you can do for your fellow citizens, or the human race, or everyone all over the world - i'd preach more of a 'we're all in this together and we gotta learn to get along' type thing rather than selfish patriotism. but hey, probably reading too much into it.

i just think the scene nowadays is more of a global thing and we're all just going to blow ourselves up someday if we don't learn to cooperate a little. sure, country first... i get that, but if a time comes when the difference between a whole world of people suffering overseas or actually having a decent life to live is the difference between us paying $1 for something or $2, then i think the 'we only look out for our own country' mentality isn't the best option - i suppose some of you will disagree, whatevs.

Last edited:
Back