Need a good salmon recipe

Stuff lemon slices, fresh dill and mustard into vertical slits made every 3 inches or so down the entire length of the fist. Bake/grill. Consume.

Bake salmon

Serve with lemons and capers

Possibly marinade in some soy sauce.

I actually have a salmon fillet marinading in the fridge. This thread reminded me that I have neither lemons nor capers.

Edit: Oh, and drizzle on some olive oil before putting in the oven. I'm actually trying a soy sauce + italian dressing marinade.

Last edited:
Also turns out my salmon was trout :( No wonder it was so cheap

I personally like my fish pretty plain, but if you like something with more seasonings then ignore my post.

Salmon is so rich and tasty, you really don't need to do a damn thing to it. Grill it up with a little smoke, then drizzle some butter and lemon juice and you are done.

I like to fillet the salmon and grill it with a little butter lemon and dill.

1 Salmon Fillet
juice from 1 lemon
Scant amount of chopped dill
4 tbls melter butter
salt and pepper
Put the salmon skin side down on a medium grill and drizzle it with a mixture of melted butter and lemon juice
reserve 1/4 of the mix to baste
sprinkle salt pepper and dill
baste with mixture at 3-4 minutes
Fish should be done at 6-8 minutes
check for doneness by seeing if the fish flakes. I like the fish to just be starting to flake where the middle is still a little raw as the residual heat will finish it after you pull it off the grill.

Also you need to gut, gill and bleed those fish immediately and then ice them after they are bled. If you have nice fish like that you should treat them properly and they'll taste even better.

For the best quality fish the steps are
1. brain fish
2. cut or rip out gills to bleed the fish
3. gut and rinse out cavity with sea water
4. ice the fish and put a frozen .5L waterbottle into the body cavity the fish should be placed on a towel ontop of the ice and another towel ontop of the fish with more ice ontop. shaved ice is the best but cube or crushed work well too. Just make sure to keep the ice drained. Letting a fish sit in freshwater makes the cells get mushy.

These steps will improve your catch immensely.

I do not cook salmon (when I do its basically raw in the middle more often than not with sorrell sauce)

However a great family recipe:

One quick pour of tamari (or soy) sauce

One quick pour of Saki

Juice of one (or ½ if you are on a budget) lime

2-3 cloves of Garlic – crushed

One nubbin of grated ginger

One tablespoon or so of miso paste

A bit of wasabi paste (if you have it, but not required)

A quick pour (quicker than the others) of pure maple syrup (also not necessary, but a really nice addition)

Soak for ½ hour (or longer). BBQ and don’t even dream of overcooking.

I know I might be a bit late but I do a Salmon salad.

Grill salmon with lemon and a little butter.
Make a salad(I just use Romane lettuce)
Greek feta vinaigrette
Feta cheese.

Crumble cheese and Salmon on salad and toss.

Serve

salmon ceviche tacos:

1/4 cup lime juice (or lemon i guess, but i don't know how it would taste)
1/4 cup evoo
splash of o.j.
1 clove garlic or 2 tbsp of the jar stuff
big pinch of cumin, sugar, pepper
2 tbsp FRESH cilantro, 1 of the jar stuff. fresh is much better
salt to taste

mix all the dry stuff in the lime juice and oj. add olive oil
put the filets in a casserole dish and let it sit in the fridge for 4 or 5 hours
drain the liquid and pull the salmon like you would pulled pork

serve in soft corn tortillas with whatever condiments you like

also
salmon_v_brown_trout.gif

Put the salmon pieces on individual foil pack things... Don't cover it, its just to hold in the juices.

Put some olive oil and marsala wine on top of the salmon, then top it with capers, fresh rosemary, thyme, oregano, lemon juice and then lemon slices.

Throw it in the oven and bake at about 400-415 for about 10 minutes and up to 15 minutes total. I usually set a timer for 10 min and then watch it after that.

Back