Strike the ma fuckin earth

Goshin

GriftKing
Veteran XX
i have a day off on wednesday, and maybe some free time tomorrow evening for...

dwarf fortress

I've barely got my knacks down. I can make foods, mine and smelt, have a meager military that still is pathetic and not very well run, no concept of towers or gates in walls (is it just doors between wall sections?) but I want to try and lose! Water physics dont scare me. I've bested lakes and rivers (but no aquifers).

Well, who wants to be part of my merry band of miscreants? I need 7. And bear in mind, my last fort failed because i failed to pack an axe. What fun!
I'll be looking for a savage land full of monsters, maybe undead things as well!

anyway, pick two:

Spoiler

I'll see about wardogs and lets see what people think about a traveling circus of animals to slaughter and milk.

Last edited:
Miner/Soapmaker (no need to spend points on raising skills for me unless you have plenty to spare, in which case you're doing it wrong :p)

I don't think there is really a gate to be made, you can put two doors in between walls, or make a bright the will raise up, about all really.

I'll be a Digger!

edit or something else, hm

what do you mean bright the will raise up

what

I have created a world
it is a terrifying location, with dense woods and a freshwater swamp. In parts, there is an aquifer. There is also coal, and iron. Granite too, and soil for farming indoors. We will dig into a cliff.

i can only fathom what type of undead are to be stumbled upon...

and i assume we are all going to die...

mapofworld.jpg

By goshin at 2009-08-31

Unless i baracade the entrance. Yes... So we embark, we simple few
Goshin, a hammerdorf with some armor
Juke, appraiserand negotiator
Arcadus, a brave soul with 2 wardogs, trapipng and ambushing best he can. Sadly, the undeath creatures surrounding will likely kill him first :(
Slappy will be our woodsman
Fatty will judge us of our intents, and also make drugs to ease our minds from the insanity that beckons us beyond the walls.
TW dagger will save us all by digging into the cliffs, unless he meets something crazy deep inside the hill.

an unnamed peasant represents the other hammerdorf

Welcome home, to Splatteredpaddle of Anger

homewelcoming.jpg

By goshin at 2009-08-31

we dig. First we have run into clay, not so bad. The next layer down is loam. Here i have decided to bild a marginal hall. dining room, fields, kitchen, brewing, and food storage. The carpentry area is one level down on the clay, along with the barracks. Close to the opening
just in case

smoe flub on my part

Juke is a trader but also a recurit
i can't un-army him without making my 2 soldiers disband their squad as well

weird. Guess Juke will be fighting!
also, i saw 4 slugmen in the wilderness. Lets get into the earth quickly dorfs...

Miner/Soapmaker (no need to spend points on raising skills for me unless you have plenty to spare, in which case you're doing it wrong :p)

I don't think there is really a gate to be made, you can put two doors in between walls, or make a bright the will raise up, about all really.

Not sure what the hell I typed there, I think I might actually be losing it.

or make a bridge that will raise up, like a draw bridge.

somehow, and i have no idea how... Arcadus the trapper/miner with 2 wardogs has been knocked unconscious. Nothing is around him. I am retrieving his body. We have no buckets. Time to build one!

Back