[Public Service Announcement] Don't text & drive

FngrBANG

Contributor
Veteran X
Especially in Wales...

Graphic PSA Shows Texting While Driving Kills
Tue, Aug 25, 2009
By TERESA MASTERSON

It seems like a common sense issue: Looking at a tiny screen and typing out a message while driving a car is not something one should do.

But text messaging while driving has become a concern around the world, to the point where even a small community in Wales did something drastic about this dangerous phenomenon:

They made a graphic a public service announcement, depicting the fatal and bloody things that can happen while scrolling through your contact list.

The four-minute film shows three teenaged girls joking and talking while the one driving texts a message to a boy. The car drives head-on into oncoming traffic and there is nothing left to the imagination as the girls' head smash through windows and their body are thrown around like rag dolls. A dead baby with his eyes still open is shown as part of the collateral damage of the crash.

Studies show that texting while driving may be as dangerous and fatal as drunken driving, according to the Today Show. An estimated 25 percent of the 40,000 fatal crashes in the U.S. each year can be traced back to texting while driving.

Texting drivers are 23 times more likely to get into a collision than nontexters, says a study out of Virginia Tech.

Currently, 17 states and the District of Columbia have laws on the books that ban texting while driving.

While the Wales PSA may be too violent for U.S. censors, anyone can view it on youtube in its entirety.

Condensed News video

I see dumb b*tches around town putting their makeup on while driving all of the time. The next time one of them tries to pull some feminist superiority act over on you just remind them that they think applying makeup is more important than public safety.

[EDIT] Had to change from the original vid because of Utube blockage.

Last edited:
I'm confused.

this is a fngrbang thread, but it's not about how much he hates the country and the president.

weird.

They've had a few others like that before. They're great and should be made worldwide. I think having something like that airing on in the US and other countries would make people think even for a second.

Pulling any shit like texting and driving, putting on makeup while driving, etc., should result in a lifetime drivers license revocation. Of course, people are all whiny assholes these days, so that likely wouldn't fly.

suspicious.gif

If I have to pick one to do - drinking or texting while driving - which should it be? I'm going to be driving shortly and need to know.

Back