t-591622 halp: easy lasagna [Flat] - TribalWar Forums

halp: easy lasagna

z3r0
08-21-2009, 06:39 PM
So i am going shopping tomorrow and i want to try my hand at lasagna. My mother always made the best spinach lasagna, to my dismay i never learned to make it:cry:. So my question is this, how do I make a simple yet tasty lasagna? I would like to use ground beef, sausage and maybe some peperoni for my meats and i know i need ricotta cheese and mozzarella. What is a good sauce to use? How should i construct the layers? After its put together how long do i cook it and at what temp? I await your advice tw

also please check out my fish taco thread im about to make

Android1
08-23-2009, 06:43 PM
i got a pretty good recipe for lasagna, ill post it here tomorrow mebbe

Lamb
08-23-2009, 09:29 PM
lasagna noodles, ragu, meat, cheese

cook it, layer it, bake it

ReCurve
08-24-2009, 03:23 PM
I saw a cooking show the other day and the guy said not to boil the noodles first. He said the sauce and juice from the meat would soften them just fine. Actually better they will absorb the flavors of the lasagna instead of just salty water. Take this with a grain of salt I have never tried this or heard of this. maybe this is how the dagos make it I don't know.

doggor
08-24-2009, 05:28 PM
There are two types of lasagna noodles. Preboil and no boil types. Most being sold in stores are no boil and yeah you just place them into the pan dry.

I'm not a huge lasagna guy but one of the most important things is the ragu. A homemade bolognese is very important. Also if you make your own ricotta thats even better.

HeLLrAiSr
08-24-2009, 11:10 PM
i actually made lasagna yesterday, it took 7 hours. 5 for the sauce and 2 for the actual dish itself. i didn't make a thread about it unfortunately because i didn't take pictures.

edit: this is vintage i didn't log off my brothers accounts >:|